Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ... Or you 'right-winger!' you!! Nope. I'm black-not a republican--therefore, so much for that....
    So many exclamation points!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

^^^ That's an old scratched CD you're playing, and it's stuck in the track.

I could remove an explanation point [!] and my larger point[s] WOULD remain valid for consideration not mockery. But if not for you, move on.

There are OTHERS present on this forum, as you are very much aware.

My posts speak to that broader audience, and the specific serious issues at hand.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-21 at 08:22 PM.

“You are allowed no more than two or three exclamation points per 100,000 words of prose.”

Elmore Leonard’s Ten Rules of Writing

^^^ Gotta love old Leonard!

'The difference between life and death.' Black leaders step up vaccine campaigns...

From article:

Hall was hesitant to get vaccinated until early July when a Detroit pastor convinced her...

Dr. Reed Tuckson, co-founder of the Black Coalition Against COVID, said much of the ongoing hesitancy with Black people is fueled by distrust in White America due to
    racism in health care, voter suppression and disparities in the criminal justice system.

Indeed this remains the big elephant in the room. Yet not considered as it is presented, and is point of fact bound, in politics: applied and justified.

I have family in the south, so I'm most concerned about this border risk factor which I WILL NOT be convinced it is minute or to be ignored. Especially from reports I'm getting from four states where friends and family live, and work [including southern CA].

If we're serious [and not hypocritical in demanding uniformed responses therein] about COVID and its variants, we must stop 'cherry-picking' the risk factors at the behest of partisan politics and face-saving. ASAP.

Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-21 at 09:44 PM.

Sorry for my very late response to you G. We go back like two-flats on a Cadillac in terms of our time on this forum [smile]! I've just been away - actually writing perhaps towards my own book, and helping others in similar pursuits [as one of my many income streams]....

So since our last exchange Canada has indeed opened their borders [with strict stipulations] while ours remain wide-open with narry.

I respect your points, however I really don't think it's small potatoes [the numbers of families, children and individuals incoming, some carrying COVID, etc]. The news-stream [and photos] evidence of this is pushing thru the mainstream fire-walls. And more are concerned beyond the usual cache so readily dismissed. Including what is going on in Florida and elsewhere risk-wise.

See for me it is BOTH + AND, not 'either or' as the narrative is so often played in the media, et al. The 'either or' factor IMO is just a reason to not deal with the COVID/ variant risks in a reasoned, uniformed manner - beyond talk.

Yet demands are being made of segments of our population - particularly our existing legal citizens. And so we have a virus on the move. Perhaps I'd be less concerned if I did not have family/ friends a plenty in the south. Should I be less if I did not?

What does the MAYO clinic have to say about our open-border 'policy'? Do they find the risk factor there as negligible and A-OK?

Are we air-tight, impervious from spread up here? I don't think so. COVID and its variants certainly are not tracking along the same neat political grid some are welded to. I'm vaccinated. So I suppose I am ok from catching a 'bad' case of COVID. I mask as well, but I think we need to re-think America's borders-open policy: if really serious beyond the borders of partisan politics.

Indeed that creek you mentioned may be widening!

I am certain Canada will watch the COVID/ Variant movement and spread onward. Again, the may re-close their borders, w/o apology at the behest of the fixed political model we are obliged to follow.

IMO we need to change course. NOW. It cannot hurt. On the other hand......

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Zacha, the case count of Covid via illegal immigrants coming into the USA is small potatoes compared to what is happening throughout the south [and also now nationwide]. Florida alone has more daily new Covid cases than all of Central America combined [and only a small fraction of Central Americans are making it to the USA].

The Delta variant [with 1000 times the number of virus counts per individual as the Alpha variant] is increasing exponentially. We are headed back to the huge Covid counts of last March and April.

Louisiana doctor says 'exponential' surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations 'isn't a controllable thing at this point' [[msn.com)

The Mayo Clinic is forecasting 83,000 new daily cases in Florida alone by August 9.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/c...r-day-by-aug-9

Those of us who are vaccinated and in good health, aren't in imminent danger of contracting it... but it may mean going back to mask wearing and social distancing of the past year... but without the fear factor.

Many vaccinated people are becoming very angry with those who choose not to be vaccinated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...OEEu7mZILPOcNU

We are up Schitt's Creek....
    Original Post...

^ Yes. And yet with the exigency and caution that all of this more than suggests, our borders remain open: with individuals flowing in unvaccinated -- not all tracked or traced for such!

I'll not be surprised if Canada postpones their proposed re-opening to even those vaccinated early July. Without apology.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-21 at 09:55 PM.

There are OTHERS present on this forum, as you are very much aware.

My posts speak to that broader audience....
    Can you show those others that you understand what is meant by "The lady doth protest too much" as well as they?

Please explain what it means so that they can believe your sincerity.

Vaxxed spreading it to anti-vaxxed??

Yeah that's it Richard... all of us vaxxed people are in cahoots to make all the anti-vaxxed people rue the day that they decided not to get the vaccine...
    lol give me a break,you did not get the shot to protect others,you got the shot to protect yourself.

After campaigning and supporting the shut down of the country to prevent the spread.

Now you have zero interest in preventing the spread,just get them non shot takers.

So as soon as you are protected,you do not care about preventing the spread and that fake concern that led to locking down the country is water under the bridge?

I do not care if you got the shot or think less of you,why do you feel that your concerns are more justified then anybody elseÂ’s?

How come after shutting down a country based on “listen to the science” all of the sudden the science is ignored?

Even with the shot,you cannot deny the numbers,you still have a 25% chance of dying from something that you had a .02% chance of catching in the first place if you were practicing basic safety protocols.

Now those basic safety protocols have been thrown into the wind because they told you,no need for the mask if you got the shot,but yet all over the country businesses and schools are implementing mask mandates.

Do you honestly believe they are going to give you a fair assessment of exactly where you stand once you receive the shot?

You know that millions went into a dark place because of a fear of something that they did not understand,do you really think that they are going to go back to that place after seeing the devastation that happened last time?

6 months ago,a bunch of people jumping on a plane and flying across country were labeled super-spreaders that deserved to be hung in the town square,now super spreaders are heroÂ’s because it is justified because they got a shot that they know little about?

You just laser focus on a shot and corona virus while thinking everybody has your best interests at heart.

No I do not think we should quarentene everybody that got the shot in order to prevent the spread and help slow the spread and save lives,that they seemed to care sooooo much about before.

But given the fact that even with the shot you can still spread a deadly virus and infect others,you should be treated no different in society as those who did not get the shot.

Unless of course that whole speal about caring about others and saving lives was just a big farce.

Thats why you guys whine about my long posts and lash out when the facts that you should be at the very least take into consideration,if one sees a long post that they wish not to read,they would just skip it and not even mention it.

It would be a passing 1 millionth of a second in time that you would not even give a second thought to it.

I think it scares you to even think about just maybe you are not getting the straight answers and the actual deaths involved are meaningless,it’s that fear of going back on lockdowns where others are in total control of your life.

There were millions and millions in this country that never went on lockdown,practiced very few recommendations and yet here they still are.

Imagine that.

Do you think that just maybe it is time for us to start holding our government accountable and demanding the answers and the truth,instead of allowing them to manipulate us into thinking we are each other’s enemy ?

Or maybe they think that we cannot handle the truth and they are going to continue to coddle us for our own good?

Do you ever notice that there is always something to replace the one before when it comes to creating discourse and dividing everybody in the country to the point where you have to choose sides?

It’s like milking that cow until she can no longer milk,then it is time to put her out to pasture and bring another one in to replace her.

That saying - why do you have twelve kids? Well,if I keep my wife barefoot and pregnant she will never leave me.

Maybe people do find a comfort zone that they are happy in while being barefoot and pregnant.

I am not going to divert from the subject here,but did you read the next tax laws and and how it effects mid to small companies and 401ks.

There is a very valid reason for the large corporations to start thinning the herd when it comes to the corona virus and not having to pay unemployment and benefits,it’s a perfect scapegoat with public support.

Many do not even realize they are supporting and championing their own involvement of transferring their retirement funds over to the federal government,with the blessing from the unions.

6.8 trillion dollars in the United States locked up in 401ks,as a government how would to like to have that money to play with,forget about the largest transfer of funds from the bottom up in the history of the country,it delves into the history of the world.

All engineered under the cover of a pandemic.

If this was 100% we need to get everybody on board and deal with the corona virus and now the delta variant and the next one that will pop up mysteriously,then yea,I would say we should all be on the same page in jumping this hurdle together.

But unfortunately there are others that prefer to not let a good pandemic go to waste,it is not just me and my stupid long posts,it is millions in this country just like millions in other countries that say.

If we want to deal with a virus,let’s deal with the virus and drop all the other BS.

But that will not happen,because to many also stand to gain from it,they take the long view and numbers on a graph are meaningless.

Age 50 to 59 odds of dying from Covid with no shot or underlying conditions - .0007%

https://thuletide.wordpress.com/2021...o-the-uk-govt/

Dying from heart disease 1 out of every 6

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-inju...odds-of-dying/

In Chicago, your chance of being shot at while walking in the streets is nearly as high as dying from COVID-19.

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/202...from-covid-19/

Has Chicago ever done a lockdown in order to stop the spread of violence?
    Last edited by Richard; August-09-21 at 10:56 PM.

^ Huh? Richard... please show me where I said I got vaccinated to protect others? I did it to protect myself and my family... and friends.

As for the rest of your post... I had to skip over it to type my rebuttal...

You must have me confused with those needing minute to minute, key-stoke by key-stroke, computer/ text-on-the-phone clutching social media affirmation, 24-7.

I wish I WOULD be so handled/ baited. Why, for whom? To prove what? That I am intelligent? Adept enough for you? It ain't happening.

AND YOU KNOW THAT.

And they, the 'others' are not even requesting such.

This is NOT Twitter - all night long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Can you show those others that you understand what is meant by "The lady doth protest too much" as well as they?

Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-21 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

...And they, the 'others' are not even requesting such....
    Okay. You don't even know what it means. That explains it all. Do keep protesting — too much.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-09-21 at 10:30 PM.

Richard, I'll take up the question about who I wear a mask for. it is my understanding that a good well fitted mask eliminates about 30% in incoming viruses and 70% of outgoing viruses. Anyone wearing a mask benefits others more than they benefit themselves. Realistically, the 30% benefit the mask gives me is more motivational. Helping others is just frosting on the cake. Sometimes one helps oneself by inadvertently setting someone else back. This is a better situation in which one helps oneself while inadvertently helping others even more.

Regarding the advice about not wearing masks if one has had a shot being changed to wear a mask, as new knowledge about Delta and its transmission ability emerge, responses have to change appropriately. I have a doctor friend who is telling me to do my visiting now because come fall, when schools open, everything might shut down again or ... worse. Even China thought it had this thing wrapped up but Delta has come full circle and Chinese health services are under strain. It's like in one of those WWll movies where the German submarine's torpedo misses and comes full circle to threaten the sub.

There is a distinct difference in the Delta variant as it is an air born disease.

Every time the media shows the public,be it in the class rooms or interviewing or commenting on the mask policy,they show the majority wearing the blue mask.

The blue mask - Level 1 protection offers Zero protection against the Delta variant,the threat from the 1st variant was from the droplets expelled and those masks could stop those droplets as could social distancing and those plastic shields.

The Delta variant makes all of those precautions null and void.

My bitch is,they show on the media the argument where masks should be required in the classrooms,on the job,and in school campuses.

And they show the majority wearing the blue mask,when they know full well,backed up by the science,those masks are ineffective against the Delta variant.

The KN95 mask is a mini respirator of sorts,any other mask that you can draw air through offers zero protection.

The delta variant is a fine mist of sorts and as long as one person in the room with it breaths out,it covers the whole room.

If you are outside and there is a light wind that you are downwind from,somebody with the delta variant can breath out blocks away and you can still catch it.

ASTM Levels
    • ASTM Level 1: Ideal for procedures in which there is low risk of fluid exposure [[no splashes or sprays expected).
    • ASTM Level 2: Ideal for procedures in which there is moderate risk of fluid exposure [[splashes or sprays can be produced).
    • ASTM Level 3: Ideal for procedures in which there is high risk of fluid exposure [[splashes or sprays will be produced).
    Protection Provided
    Wearing a facemask that has been ASTM-rated will ensure that your nose and mouth [[breathing area) are protected against fluids, microorganisms, and particulates at the level to which the mask is rated [[i.e., 1, 2, or 3 specifications). However, these masks do not provide protection again airborne diseases.
    Facilities should provide N95 or higher-level respirators, and fit-testing [[passing a fit-test is needed for the respirator to be protective to airborne diseases), to their staff. For information about how respirators are approved and help with selecting respirators for use, please follow the

https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/D...-PDF---7-30-20

So how exactly does a business or institution implement a mask policy,or a mask is required to enter,while allowing the use of the level 1 mask when they know full well those masks offer zero protection?

There is no difference between wearing a level 1-2-3 mask and not wearing a mask with the delta variant.

We also see with all the mask fights on aircraft,people are seated wearing masks that are useless,campaigning restraint and removal measures against those not wearing masks,when there is zero difference between the two.

I refer again to it’s akin to running a Safe Sex campaign while supplying condoms with holes in them.

Part 2 is about the shot itself.

You need to show a vaccination card in order to participate as a member of society.

In this link it shows the disparity of those who have received the 1st shot and along with that,their social acceptance card,but have not received their second shot as required in order to be effective.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...racker-states/

Another case of doing something without actually doing anything,the difference is,you are forced to participate in that ruse in order to keep your job and feed your family or you will be socially unacceptable in today’s society.

I am not anti - shot or anti government,if we are going to deal with a virus,let’s deal with a virus but drop all of the other agenda BS involved.

Telling the public to follow the science and to do X Y Z in order to save their life,while ignoring the science is putting them at risk against the very thing you are reporting or forcing compliance,to save them from.

• On Tuesday, the United Arab Emirates joined Germany, Israel and the United Kingdom in recommending third shots for the elderly. Israel announced its booster program last week following a strong recommendation from a government-appointed team of experts, who based their findings on data suggesting significant waning immunity from infection over time.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/world...-21/index.html

I have to ask,are the experts and science different in the United States verses other countries?
    Last edited by Richard; August-10-21 at 11:09 AM.

Hah! I recall when this started [the masks initially not being required -- only a temporary to 'flatten the curve'].... seems ages ago Fauci uttered/ declared those words, and here we are now.

So there were the bandana's and you were given a grim [how dare you!] stare if you happened to secure N95's or the like [due to the manufactured shortage]. Then there were the ones with the 'valve' better suited for plastering and sanding! Now N95 are very plentiful.

I have family in the south requiring me to travel. To fly I wore the N95s along with a face shield, gloves, hoody, hat etc. all disinfected, machine-washed soon as I go to my destinations. Delta gave out those thin knit masks that were obvious crap. I politely declined.

Then they offered water and snacks during flight - masks pulled-down to consume. I tuned out -- watched the movies and chewed gum. It was crazy as those hanky masks are least protective.

Next week we'll be told something else again. All of these contradictions [borders wide-open], expert[s] shape-shifting, hypocrisies [certain segments partying-on sans masks w/o critique] and what-not.

No wonder some have thrown up their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...We also see with all the mask fights on aircraft,people are seated wearing masks that are useless, campaigning restraint and removal measures against those not wearing masks, when there is zero difference between the two.

I refer again to it’s akin to running a Safe Sex campaign while supplying condoms with holes in them.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-21 at 12:13 PM.

Here's an interesting tidbit heard from the radio just now.

Anyone considering using a counterfeit immunization card is going to be disappointed because they can be compared to the official immunization records maintained in the Michigan Care Improvement Registry.

I didn't even know such a thing existed but it tracks things like childhood immunizations, information that is otherwise likely to get lost. Thank you, Michigan!

Hah! I recall when this started [the masks initially not being required -- only a temporary to 'flatten the curve'].... seems ages ago Fauci uttered/ declared those words, and here we are now.

So there were the bandana's and you were given a grim [how dare you!] stare if you happened to secure N95's or the like [due to the manufactured shortage]. Then there were the ones with the 'valve' better suited for plastering and sanding! Now N95 are very plentiful.

I have family in the south requiring me to travel. To fly I wore the N95s along with a face shield, gloves, hoody, hat etc. all disinfected, machine-washed soon as I go to my destinations. Delta gave out those thin knit masks that were obvious crap. I politely declined.

Then they offered water and snacks during flight - masks pulled-down to consume. I tuned out -- watched the movies and chewed gum. It was crazy as those hanky masks are least protective.

Next week we'll be told something else again. All of these contradictions [borders wide-open], expert[s] shape-shifting, hypocrisies [certain segments partying-on sans masks w/o critique] and what-not.

No wonder some have thrown up their hands.

Sunday the CDC reported daily case numbers for Florida and said it was the largest increase sense Covid started,the media grabbed those numbers and ran with it as is.

The thing is,they conveniently forgot to also tell the media that it was a number that included several days total,a 9000 difference.

One cannot even believe the numbers presented because of all the game playing.

As reported by CBS and not Fox

Across the entire southwest border, 210,000 migrant apprehensions were reported for July,

Now I think there's an issue, because now they're going throughout," Villalobos continued. "Positive or non-positive, they get picked up, and they're going out. And we have no authority to stop it."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-s...tent=algorithm

Thats like turning over the entire population of the City of Detroit every 3 months.

The say the current rise is do to the Delta variant,but they cannot even provide number as to what extent.

"You have a representative sample from positive tests that are collected from various locations, you know, statewide, in every state. Then those are sequenced to see if they are the Delta variant or if they aren't, but that is not testing that is available to the average consumer. It's not testing that is done on every patient. It's done on a small number of samples," said Hoffman.
    So, the answer is yes, there is a delta variant test. But it's a lab test run by the CDC, not a walk-in test.

"There is no way to get a quick turnaround of, 'Oh, I went into so-and-so pharmacy, took a rapid test, and now I know this entire variant screen," said Hokanson.

https://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/article/news/local/delta-variant-test-numbers-verify/93-91f2e845-05de-4edd-9526-baba114f535f

So they report out of control Delta variant,but they do not even know.

It is not me trying to undercut the severity of it all,just the manipulation of it all.

When you are expecting 320 million people to follow along,the very least you can do is give them an honest assessment of the situation.

They create more distrust in the system themselves,then are quick to blame others and create divisions in the country when the picture they paint is one of they do not really have a clue while playing games with peoples lives and livelihoods.

My outlook is,if one feels or is comfortable with getting the shot,by all means get it,but as of right now,it does not appear to be a case of,get it and forget it.

One has to take it upon themselves personally to keep updated on current information regarding what particular brand they received.

So they are expecting millions,that do not have the time to do that,to just follow along with, do this because I said so,and help us remove everybody else from society that does not follow along.

The government is like your spouse,if they cheat on you 4 or 5 times,it’s a little hard to develop that trust factor,intstead of trying to develop that trust they continue to ramp up more reasons to mistrust..

The worst games going on is with the schools,take a majority liberal organization and pit it against an opposition governor and it is no longer about the safety of the children,they are just tools in a larger game.

The governor of Oregon has quietly passed regulations that removes the requirements of students passing basic reading,writing and math skills in order to graduate,due to Covid.

You guys have a problem with my posts ?????

You are creating entire states filled up with little me’s,I can only imagine a few years from now when the internet heads explode from having to deal with bad spelling errors,sentence structure etc when it becomes the norm.
    Last edited by Richard; August-11-21 at 08:31 AM.

^Richard... educated people should know that daily totals for any state are never for a particular day... but could include counts from previous days as well. Michigan rarely gives counts on Saturday and Sunday... so the counts for Monday and Tuesday include the ones from the weekend.

Florida + or - 9,000 doesn't change the fact that Florida has the most new Covid cases.

Funny how you pick up the "illegal aliens" whenever talking about Covid cases... following the Fox, AONN and Newsmax narrative [other news outlets don't dwell on it as much as those 3]. Sure there are bound to be cases among those... but conservative media is using that as an excuse for the high counts in Florida and other states in the south. If it were such a high count among illegals... then Texas would be leading the nation in new Covid cases, not Florida.

You can whitewash it or add all the spin you want... for whatever reason [people staying indoors, etc]... Florida is the major US Covid hotspot, and no trying to blame the CDC for their shortcomings is going to change that fact.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-11-21 at 08:25 AM.

^ face it Gistok and stop being an enabler,you looked for every reason to ingore the facts and turn it into a opposition debate,some might construe that to be a part of the problem verses a part of the solution.

It is so called educated people that are putting out and promoting DAILY numbers that are fake,false and misleading.

Fact.

Lest you forget,who was the hot spot when all of this started for 6 months straight ?

Notice how things have a habit of circling around and contrary to you following the same tired script,I do not even watch or follow the news agencies that you listed.

You must follow them because you used them in a pathetic attempt to discredit,you do seem to be well versed in the content they provide,it makes me think that is your source of information.

Clearly you did not read or comprehend the links that I posted,you went off on a tangent based on what you personally think I am thinking and based everything on that while including your preferred sources of information.

No where did I dispute who was a hot spot or compared hot spots or even who or what metrics are behind them,that would be you creating diversionary tactics.

Does it really take an educated person to parrot what they are told without question?

I would think an educated person would look at all available options and use all information available and compile that into a spread sheet in order to make an informed decision.

And not use biased based decisions that taint the outcomes.

An Educated Person
    An educated person is someone who has learned how to acquire, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, understand, and communicate knowledge and information.

That is the disconnect,some feel because they have an education they are automatically an educated person.

By not disputing my posted source, but going into naming other sources that you may find as not credible sources,that had zero to do with the subject,you actually give me credibility when I post there is more to this then the actual virus,and that is what we should seek to resolve,or at the very least weed through what is actually pertinent information and what is not.

You proved there are those who have agendas outside of the virus and provided a good example.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Richard; August-11-21 at 10:03 AM.

Richard... there are many very well educated members of this forum, who can see thru your spin and machinations. One does not need a spreadsheet to figure things out. I now join those in giving up on trying to convince you. It feels like trying to argue with Mike Lindell.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-11-21 at 11:27 AM.

Richard... there are many very well educated members of this forum, who can see thru your spin and machinations. One does not need a spreadsheet to figure things out. I now join those in giving up on trying to convince you. It feels like trying to argue with Mike Lindell.
    Silence is golden Gistok

Just get the damn shot...

That is the problem,you are looking for a an argument,I do not need to spin anything,I have been providing data and facts to back up my concerns.

Creating things in ones mind does not dispute those facts,providing your own facts and data that disputes those facts is your responsibility.

Most of the facts that I have provided have been from government sources,as you are disputing them you are also disputing the very same people that you are using to base your decision making,so you do not even believe in what you are trying to push.

I can teach a monkey to type words into a computer and get the results I want according to what I want to hear,and call it educated in the process.

You will not give up reading my posts,even if you do not like what you are reading,you are still a human being,human nature dictates that you cannot fight fear if you do not fully understand what you are fighting.

Thats what they said back then,just get into that box car,we are taking you to a nice place,and people did it without question.

History has a habit of repeating itself,there will always be those who blindly follow without question,even when they are confronted with the facts,they still refuse to believe it,but they always found out in the end it was not wise to make that decision.

It actually has little to do with being educated,as you like to throw into the mix as a diversion or to add credibility.

History has also shown us,those who try to make others look like the fool,usually end up being the fool.

The virus as a threat does not care about who we support,what color we are,our level of education or who we even watch on the television.

Maybe you should try taking that stance.

If they told you to jump off of a cliff tomorrow in order to save yourself from corona,would you do it?

If not,why would you not give corona the same consideration,what makes it worse is you already know the end result from jumping off of that cliff with 100% certainty.

With corona there is a difference in a percentage of a fatal certainty,you compiled facts and use that calculation in determining risk factors.

If you are fed the wrong information in order to do that calculation,you might as well just jump off of the cliff,because that is the choice you are giving people blindly,do or die.

I realize that you feel you are superior to others because you feel you have been educated and you know better then all of us stupid uneducated folk,I also realize that it was a whole part of your education process,so you are probably just doing it without thinking.

But in case your education skipped history,there were a lot of highly educated individuals in history that chose to eliminate millions,simply because they thought they were that superior over them.

There have also been a lot of highly educated people making decisions that you do not agree with,so you might as well throw that card in the trash.

The previous President was highly educated,even had a bachelors degree,but yet you still spent every waking moment telling everybody what a fool you thought he was.

So you apparently think that playing the education card only applies when you feel it is to your benefit.

Otherwise you would have given that person the same respect that you are demanding of others when you tell them,I am educated and know better then you.

Funny how that works.
    Last edited by Richard; August-11-21 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I'll take up the question about who I wear a mask for. it is my understanding that a good well fitted mask eliminates about 30% in incoming viruses and 70% of outgoing viruses.
    ^^This.

Also, it's beyond sad and equally true: vaccinated people should be wearing masks indoors again because unvaccinated people can't be trusted to do the right thing. They're damn selfish and a lot of them weren't wearing masks in the first place, they still won't. That, or it's necessary to require proof of vaccination to enter indoor spaces without physical precautions in place.

I favor the latter approach because I'm tired as hell of all the troubles this virus has caused, and 1) vaccinated people deserve to behave as their much better protected status affords, 2) unvaccinated people deserve to bear the burden of the precautionary measures necessary because of their own behavior, 3) a lot of unvaccinated people seem to only be willing to modify their behavior when it's made undeniably obvious what would be in it for them, 4) it's easy to fool people with misinformation, but fun is fun is fun.
    Last edited by bust; August-11-21 at 12:57 PM.

^ clearly when armed with the facts that vaccinated individuals can also catch,spread and die from the virus,those individuals cannot also be trusted to do the right thing,or fake like they are by wearing a mask that they know has zero protection abilities.

It is life ,nobody deserves anything out of it that anybody else does not.

For those not wanting to take the shot,all they have to do is spend 5 minutes watching and listening to those who have and realize that is not the kind of human being they want to be like,kinda makes the virus irrelevant.

People with a master’s degree had the least hesitancy, and the highest hesitancy was among those holding a PhD.”

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...795v1.full.pdf
    Last edited by Richard; August-11-21 at 03:43 PM.

Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast