Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 333 of 432 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 343 383 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Just got off the phone with Hoover.......he's going to buy me a gold plated walker.......with rhinestones and a decorative colostomy bag attachment. He's quite a guy, that Hoover. Always thinking of his old rock'n'roll buddies.

I saw this picture over in the JL Hudson's thread and I had to put it here for Ruth -
    It's like the restoration she did on the GarWood house organ, right?
    Attachment 7354

Mr. Jones......WOW. Great photo heads up. I think Ruth practiced on that one before she and her cohorts from the Detroit Theater Organ Club descended upon the Gar Wood Mansion. We must not forget the fact that the Gar Wood organ was a "player organ" just like the old "player pianos" you might be familiar with.

The cabinet on the right was the music scroll holder and operated on a sort of automatic record changer principal by playing one composition then rotating to play the next piece automatically....AND..the Steinway full grand piano [[located out in the ballroom) was integrated into the system as well and delivered piano solos and accompaniment as required by the musical arrangement. Just incredible....and our dear little Ruthie made it all happen.

Amazing organs! Amazing old technology.

Default Pals

M Go Blue tis a fine day to have beaten the Irish...

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    M Go Blue tis a fine day to have beaten the Irish...

Thank you SO much MrJones for the photo. That organ lives in Philadelphia I think. Isn't it beautiful?!

Hey Ruth.....wouldn't you have to stand up to play that organ? Any idea who built it? Hey Candy and Penny..how'd you like to live in that pipe room?

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey Ruth.....wouldn't you have to stand up to play that organ? Any idea who built it? Hey Candy and Penny..how'd you like to live in that pipe room?
    The more the merrier. The constant comment tea may taste the same though.

stnfrnt - you may not have to stand up but you have to have REALLY long arms!
    It's a Wurlitzer - check it out http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4674954n
    Candy Man YOU introduced me to Constant Comment tea. It is still one of my favorites.

Gash has one more name on his Christmas list, and I have one more great-nephew as of around midnight last night....EST.

Congratulations to the Merryman family!

Hey Ya A'll....Sorry been down and out for a while A Muscle broke in my Calf...Pills and More Pills....I can walk a Little today...Michigan is real nice now....Start of Fall..Peace..Whaler

hello boys and girls

mama just bought herself a HAMMOND!!!

not a B3 but damn close.....has that unmistakeable Hammond sound plus a few rather dorky but fun bells and whistles.

To be delivered Friday...

Ruth is happy

Awesome! Ha ha, now you just have to find time out of your busy schedule to play it!

Waaaay Cool, Ruth. Wanna' be in a band?.

I heard about this cool old mansion that had a band livin` there...
    Wonder how practicing via Skype would work...
    Let`s see...7 guitars,3 drummers,organ player...are Gus & Bushmark available?

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    stnfrnt - you may not have to stand up but you have to have REALLY long arms!
    It's a Wurlitzer - check it out http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4674954n
    Candy Man YOU introduced me to Constant Comment tea. It is still one of my favorites.
    Okie Dokie!

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    Hey Ya A'll....Sorry been down and out for a while A Muscle broke in my Calf...Pills and More Pills....I can walk a Little today...Michigan is real nice now....Start of Fall..Peace..Whaler
    Sorry to hear it, Whaler. Maybe some Coors or some Labatts from Doctor Kielson would help? Maybe some Coors AND some Labatts. I'll throw in a couple of Jezzy's [[Polish brandy). I got the scrip for ya'.

Default I was just thinken ....YEA KNOW

Yea know there could not be a better world than one filled with Merrymans. "The Gene Go On" and "On" and "On".

Now that I have moved into the Orsen Wells time of my life I still have all of the bodly functions aND SAME friends as before. I want everybody to know that. I still love you all and the photos will keep coming . I gurenteeee it.
    I will always remain a faithful Garwoodian .

The organ was a trip.
    I couldn't figure the subtle nuances and innuendo But, Thanks

Wow Whaler.....Sorry to hear about your bum leg....Just when you thought you had a leg up on things......all seriousness aside, it sounds painful....but I strongly suspect that you have the pain management thing well under control......I also am a practitioner of pain management, I'm afraid that if I stop medicating myself I'll find out that something really does hurt, then what do I do ? ? Take good care of yourself and keep in touch with us on your progress...

Hey JC. one more kid with Merryman lineage might be just what we need....He might just be the next big thing....ya just never know.....Looking forward to more pics and of course your inspiring words of whit and wisdom................Y'all GDGT

John Collier-John Collier.......great to hear from you again. I'm not real sure about that "better world/Merrymans" thing. Seems to me that I heard something like "I know, I know, I know...that I don't know" in a song somewhere....long, long ago in a faraway land....anyway, I thought your therapist told you never to think about organs......of any kind..remember?

Gleeman.................uuuhhhh......now I get it!

Hey Gash.....bringing back any memories? This was one of your favorite surfing moves..remember? The infamous "face-plant-on-your-board-trick". You used to do it all the time.....got pretty good at it, too.

Attachment 7417
    Heavy fog at the Wedge Thursday morning. Waves haven't quite started to show, but should be coming in by the afternoon.