Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Since when does a developer need to have another, larger, sister corporation to get development done? In fact, name one major national developer of commercial, residential, and industrial space that is dependent on some other company for it's continued existence. Real estate development doesn't require massive ancillary income streams, and unlike entities like Ford Land which exist solely to manage the properties used by one company, Bedrock has the asset depth to be considered totally independent of the other Rocket companies.

I also don't know what buildings you're looking at and seeing vacancies. Apart from Under Armor, Retail vacancies are few and far between [[I'm convinced they pushed out Madewell and the others to make way for a larger tenant in the pipeline).

Brush parks new residential seems to be very well occupied, I imagine it it wasn't there wouldn't be a never ending flow of smaller developments in the area. Same goes for downtown, all indications, and recent info about the residential market point to it being strong.

Your eyes seem to be the ones that are lying.
    From what I can see, the bulk of Brush Park's residential is not completed yet. I am amazed how long it takes to build 4 story structures. Seems like it's been going on forever.

Also, there are many office vacancies in the CBD right now. I think that's what the poster is alluding to.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by djtomt View Post
    From what I can see, the bulk of Brush Park's residential is not completed yet. I am amazed how long it takes to build 4 story structures. Seems like it's been going on forever.

Also, there are many office vacancies in the CBD right now. I think that's what the poster is alluding to.

Carry on.
    The guy lost all credibility when he said they probably forced out Madewell. Bedrock is working to fill as much retail space as they can to make a vibrant downtown to not only pay rent but make it attractive for residential. Why would they force them out?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The guy lost all credibility when he said they probably forced out Madewell. Bedrock is working to fill as much retail space as they can to make a vibrant downtown to not only pay rent but make it attractive for residential. Why would they force them out?
    You think the fact that those 3 subsequent storefronts emptying within 12 months is just a coincidence? That's the official line of course, but how gullible can you be? They were each made an offer they couldn't NOT refuse at lease renewal and left as planned. The proof will come when one large higher profile tenant is announced across those 3 storefronts.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    You think the fact that those 3 subsequent storefronts emptying within 12 months is just a coincidence? That's the official line of course, but how gullible can you be? They were each made an offer they couldn't NOT refuse at lease renewal and left as planned. The proof will come when one large higher profile tenant is announced across those 3 storefronts.
    So why wouldn't they be offered an alternate site at an attractive rent? It's not like they're not sitting on tons of empty storefronts.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    So why wouldn't they be offered an alternate site at an attractive rent? It's not like they're not sitting on tons of empty storefronts.
    Maybe they were, Just because there ARE empty storefronts, doesn't mean the RIGHT storefront is available at that moment.