Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

^ Not a Sheffield et al fan, but umm, NO on the idea of 'every'.

African immigrants, AA and other hair braiders and stylists cannot all afford those high downtown rents. Long gone are the glory days of D'mongo's like, posh and fancy salon's paying the big rents/ mortgages...

Many of the smaller braid, natural hair shops, barbers, salons and nail shops already rent or own store-front properties across the city that might otherwise sit empty - abandoned. And they are hopefully paying business taxes rather you prefer their offerings or not.

Re. 'Urbane', one mans urbane is another needs, goods and services. If not rowdy, illicit, or crime engaged I am fairly ok with them. I'd have to know what you mean about 'urbane'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-20-22 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ Not a Sheffield et al fan, but umm, NO on the idea of 'every'.

African immigrants, AA and other hair braiders and stylists cannot all afford those high downtown rents. Long gone are the glory days of D'mongo's like, posh and fancy salon's paying the big rents/ mortgages...

Many of the smaller braid, natural hair shops, barbers, salons and nail shops already rent or own store-front properties across the city that might otherwise sit empty - abandoned. And they are hopefully paying business taxes rather you prefer their offerings or not.

Re. 'Urbane', one mans urbane is another needs, goods and services. If not rowdy, illicit, or crime engaged I am fairly ok with them. I'd have to know what you mean about 'urbane'.
    Some of the storefronts sit empty because of overhead while some t shirt shops are probably given a break . I am not anti urbane or small shops. There are people who shop at them. I believe that there should be a balance. As far as Sheffield is concerned; she could be a great proponent for the long time residents not being taxed out of their homes and to fight against gentrification and for the needs of Detroiters. Stay out of big business and corporate affairs if she is going to be bias

I hear that. I am always curious that the expensive T-shirt places make a go of it as long as they do. Especially when the inventory does not change enough. How many T-shirts can one wear? Even Zuckerburg has to ditch his when heading into court or other official business settings!

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Some of the storefronts sit empty because of overhead while some t shirt shops are probably given a break . I am not anti urbane or small shops. There are people who shop at them. I believe that there should be a balance. As far as Sheffield is concerned; she could be a great proponent for the long time residents not being taxed out of their homes and to fight against gentrification and for the needs of Detroiters. Stay out of big business and corporate affairs if she is going to be bias

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear that. I am always curious that the expensive T-shirt places make a go of it as long as they do. Especially when the inventory does not change enough. How many T-shirts can one wear? Even Zuckerburg has to ditch his when heading into court or other official business settings!
    Are these t shirt shops given special treatment so that they could stay open in these storefronts along Woodward and other areas whole named brand shops the rent increase dramatically in order to force them out?

I don't know but if they are waiting for me to purchase regularly they're in trouble for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Are these t shirt shops given special treatment so that they could stay open in these storefronts along Woodward and other areas whole named brand shops the rent increase dramatically in order to force them out?