Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    I'm sure Dan Gilbert will use this space for as many FOC functions as possible, which will practically justify its construction by itself. They've used various venues around downtown for work events, parties, etc. and I'm sure this space will be on the top of their list once it's done.

Yeah I don't know why people are acting like this is a totally speculative project. As if there isn't a giant rapidly growing corporation attached to this whole thing.

Also, Edition hotels? It looks like we have our hotel operator. Why else would they be talking about the Hudson tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Yeah I don't know why people are acting like this is a totally speculative project. As if there isn't a giant rapidly growing corporation attached to this whole thing.

Also, Edition hotels? It looks like we have our hotel operator. Why else would they be talking about the Hudson tower?

Because they are/were likely in talks, but not a done deal. Could also just be a friend of Dan who was talking up his work in the city.

Given the pace of the tower core rising lately, I'd imagine they're pretty confident, but at the end of the day we don't really know until we know.

That said, last year they said they would announce a hotel operator "by the end of 2021". Someone ought to send them an email and ask if they're still on track to name an operator by that date.