Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm not young anymore myself, but when young people complain about the problems they've inherited from previous generations, they do have a very strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I'm guessing he doesn't recycle either.
    Surprise. Yes, I do. And I'm recycling my life to be reborn in 2050 to become U.S. President in 2100 and save the world. Just watch me.

Ray for President 2100!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Surprise. Yes, I do. And I'm recycling my life to be reborn in 2050 to become U.S. President in 2100 and save the world. Just watch me.
    If you think they'll be a world worth saving by then you're a lot more optimistic than I thought [[and me).

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If you think they'll be a world worth saving by then you're a lot more optimistic than I thought [[and me).
    so it would be a loftier goal to comeback as a cockroach?

They seem to have survived in a world for 1000s of years as it evolved and receded,some of them were even fortunate to live in a first world country verses a place where people and cockroaches starve to death on a daily basis.

Of course if so many are stressing about a world worth saving,we could just nuke it all and let God sort it out,so many would be so much happier with less anxiety.

The wheel will keep spinning,with or without you or I .

Reviving this thread as its Federal Canadian political news that will certainly impact some Windorites.

The Federal Liberal government, which has a minority in the House of Commons has entered into a Supply and Confidence Agreement with the NDP [[Canada's party of the left); this agreement will see the NDP back the Federal Liberals on key items such as the Budget and any bill that would deemed a confidence matter [[if they lost the gov't would have to resign).

The agreement runs to 2025.

In exchange, the gov't mostly agreed to implement the more progressive items in its own platform with clear timelines etc.

However they specifically agreed to one NDP item which to provide dental coverage to uninsured Canadians who earn less than $70,000 per year.

The deal actually also extends this to $90,000 but those between $70-90k per year will have co-pays, below 70k, no co-pay.

The deal will see the new program begin with children 12 and under by year's end.

Assuming the Liberals keep their end of the deal, this means no Canadian elections are likely until 2025.

* note that this is not a coalition gov't as the NDP will not have anyone in cabinet.

So stripping everybody of their rights was just a test warm up run,of the future in order to see how far one can take it.

Have they figured out how they are actually going to pay for that yet? Everybody starves when the pot gets bigger with less and less soup in the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2