Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1873

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The AMA has the most powerful lobbying group in the Country. Maybe 2nd to the NRA. Their job is to secure a position of permanence and make money. They've geared up for this pandemic and are certainly not going to lose their investments. Creating dependency guarantees their position.
    I have a customer that is a Italian chef,he gets paid $135 a plate to prepare and deliver lunches to doctors,paid for by the pharmaceutical companies.

$135 x 150 plates = $20,250 per day,he is only one of many.

Pfizer revenues for the first 3 months of 2021 were 3.1 Billion,the vaccine accounted for 1/4 of their revenues and was the most profitable of all of their vaccines.

If I was clearing $900 million after tax every 1/4 off of a vaccine,I would be knocking on your door every day recommending it and a booster shot every 6 months for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If I was clearing $900 million after tax every 1/4 off of a vaccine,I would be knocking on your door every day recommending it and a booster shot every 6 months for life.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Planes are pretty gross anyway [watch those reality shows on commercial aviation and you know that]. I've always approached flying somewhat at the 'germaphobe' perspective. I had to fly during a few of the high points of C-19 relative to my destination, etc. I looked like an astronaut [face-shield, masked, gloved, etc] not caring what the detractors, politicians, mass media experts-of-the-day, or anyone else said or thought.

At the time I flew Delta owing to their spacing but still it's a somewhat sealed tube. Though I hear the time spent in the actual airport is the most risky for exposure. Airplane air is filtered fairly well.
    Planes are FAR from gross - they have some of the most advanced air filtration systems in the world AND air is recirculated from outside constantly [[Yes, I know its pressurized). All of the air in the cabin is replaced something like every 20 minutes.

Also, there have been NO reported cases of super-spreader events on planes.

You'd have to be from Dumbf***istan only because you'd be fined or jailed.

Masks don't work. Sorry, they are only virtue signalling devices to show how "compassionate" you are.

^ Actually I agree with the air quality factor, especially Delta which at the time was promoting their particular filtration systems.

IMO 'airport' is main factor. Planes are gross and subject [depending on flight frequency and airline] to some particulate generation of germs - coupled with increasing bad hygiene of passengers who don't even bother to cover their mouths when coughing.

Re. masks, if you know my comment history, you know I'm not the from the 'mask' every-waking-moment so people can approve you set! Not even at the height of COVID - where I wore them inside public places.

I never masked outdoors, outdoor gatherings, or alone in car [I still don't see what that's about?], cycling, etc. I do think masking provides SOME protection from droplets from the other person masked. So one can argue it's a cooperative measure. But I also think they can restrict breathing and I question their use with small children [including at the sanitary level]. This school year will provide more 'long-term' information.

Sure, some use masking to virtue signal. Early during C-19, I had someone sincerely suggest that during my daily Zoom video presentations/ training I mask-up to influence [signal] general masking compliance! From my home studio! I refused!

We indeed see recently the approved, bourgeoisie elite [which they claim to hate], influencer-class, politely-political and entertainment crowds have dispensed with THEIR masks! Mingling - mangling indoors, no social distancing, smiling for the cams, making their statements, presenting awards etc.

Yet as I stated elsewhere wait-staff, etc. remain masked as they serve them!

This is but one of several examples of hypocrisy [do as I say - not as I do] with a dose of class hierarchy - beyond COVID concerns. As I'm over a certain age I'll err on masking indoors/ public for a while yet for the measure of protection they can provide.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-24-21 at 08:51 AM.

Canada is at about 80% vaccinated now. Doesn't mean we don't have our share of idiots in the other 20 though:
    https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2021/09...arty-hospital/

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Canada is at about 80% vaccinated now. Doesn't mean we don't have our share of idiots in the other 20 though:
    https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2021/09...arty-hospital/

Hosers...

Creepy but clever.

North Carolina ‘funeral home’ ad has message for unvaccinated
    CNN’s Ana Cabrera speaks with David Oakley, president and creative director of BooneOakley, about an ad he helped create to spread a message to unvaccinated individuals.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-25-21 at 09:53 AM.

Not sure about being clever,sense Covid is still the 3rd leading cause of death,I would like to see previous signage referring to obesity,heart disease etc. outside of that it just more pandering.

• A Wisconsin deputy threatened to arrest a teenager over COVID-19 social media posts in March 2020.

According to court documents, Cohoon, after returning from a spring break trip to Florida with the Westfield Area High School band on March 15, 2020, suspected she had been infected with the coronavirus. On March 26, she posted about her illness, including a photo of her wearing an oxygen mask in a hospital.
      Cohoon had tested negative, but her doctors suspected she was probably infected earlier and had missed the window for testing, court documents said.

Cohoon's parents also reportedly contacted the parents of other students on the trip to warn them about the possible exposure.
      Meicher then sent a message to families in the district that said "there was a rumor floating out there that one of our students contracted COVID-19 while on the band trip to Florida two weeks ago" and "there is NO truth to this."

Ludwig ruled that their concern was not strong enough to constitute probable cause and said their actions could undermine freedom of speech.
      "The First Amendment is not a game setting for the government to toggle off and on. It applies in times of tranquility and times of strife," Ludwig wrote in the ruling.
      "While Defendants in this case may have believed their actions served the greater good, that belief cannot insulate them. Demanding a 16-year-old remove protected speech from her Instagram account is a First Amendment violation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriff-t...063601629.html

Lots of people trying to be clever.

I wonder why Facebook and Instagram are quick to remove posts that are fact checked unless it is posts like the one outlined here that was blatantly false,but fit the narrative of go outside and you will catch Covid?

^ I am so happy to know that Instagram and Facebook are there to pre-digest my news for me. Especially as I cannot think or reason for myself. Woo-hoo! I need to be so handled and determined.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    Planes are FAR from gross - they have some of the most advanced air filtration systems in the world AND air is recirculated from outside constantly [[Yes, I know its pressurized). All of the air in the cabin is replaced something like every 20 minutes.

Also, there have been NO reported cases of super-spreader events on planes.

You'd have to be from Dumbf***istan only because you'd be fined or jailed.

Masks don't work. Sorry, they are only virtue signalling devices to show how "compassionate" you are.
    A couple of month ago, I flew United. Mask mandates were enforced on buses, in terminals and in planes. However, there was a long security 'Disneyline' upon my return. Long lines wound back and forth eight times. There was no social distancing in either direction. This by the same government that 'encourages' masks and vaccinations.

Masks are imperfect but they help. That's why they are used in operating rooms.

After 1.5 years of Covid and two presidents, most of the masks available are made in China. One way or another, China gave us Covid and now sells us our Covid masks. Whatever happened to Trump's efforts to expand domestic production of masks? Biden hasn't filled our shelves with American made masks either. Maybe 3M masks go to hospitals but I've never seen then for sale at Home Depot or Target. We shouldn't be dependent on China for items vital to our national safety.

The story from a doctor in Michigan...

After a Michigan doctor wrote about combative COVID-19 patients, most of them died [[msn.com)

"This is not to mention the anger the people have towards the physicians and the nurses who are really doing our best - and who are delivering exceptionally excellent care. Of course the answer was to have been vaccinated - but they were not and now they're angry at the medical community for their failure."

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Maybe 3M masks go to hospitals but I've never seen then for sale at Home Depot or Target. We shouldn't be dependent on China for items vital to our national safety.
    I fully agree with the last part, and would extend that to include many other countries. I would like to see the global "supply chain" reined in, jobs and manufacturing brought back to the US with fair wages, safe working conditions, responsible environmental practices, and taxes that return home, not to some klepto-State or totalitarian regime.

3M masks are available at Home Depot, Lowe's, and Amazon. It could be they were sold out when you looked. I don't know about Target, but I wouldn't shop there for that.

Back to your other point, 3M makes N95 masks both in the US and in China.

It's not consumers, it's corporations who can't seem to resist.
    Last edited by bust; September-26-21 at 04:51 PM.

^ Excellent points! I order mine from a US eBay seller that 'claims' that are US brand. But sometimes it is hard to know.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-26-21 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I fully agree with the last part, and would extend that to include many other countries. I would like to see the global "supply chain" reined in, jobs and manufacturing brought back to the US with fair wages, safe working conditions, responsible environmental practices, and taxes that return home, not to some klepto-State or totalitarian regime.
    Yeah... President Xi of China certainly turned into a Darth Vader! Between the darker new Chinese goverment, and the Covid supply chain problems, we need to move a lot of our offshore production back home.

Aside from the tit-for-tat machinations that Trump and Xi volleyed back and forth... just look at the economic blackmail that Australia and even Canada are experiencing.

After the Huawei incident that got 2 Canadian businessmen held hostage in China... I assume that American businessmen will have no stomach to travel there for business... lest they end up as pawns in the Communist Party diplomacy.

What is added by this report?
    Among 378,048 death certificates from 2020 listing COVID-19, 5.5% listed COVID-19 without codes for any other conditions. Among 357,133 death certificates with at least one other condition, 97% had a co-occurring diagnosis of a plausible chain-of-event condition [[e.g., pneumonia or respiratory failure), or a significant contributing condition [[e.g., hypertension or diabetes), or both.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e2.htm

It also lists 23% of Covid related deaths were from those already in Hospice,people do not go into hospice to get well.

So 5.5% of counted Covid deaths were actually solely due to Covid.

More than 350,000 Americans died of COVID-19 in 2020. According to preliminary weekly data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [[CDC) [[as of April 26, 2021), 3,427,321 people died from all causes in 2020.
    In comparison, 2,854,838 people died in 2019, meaning at least 572,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019 according to preliminary estimates.

https://usafacts.org/articles/prelim...virus-age-flu/

So how many people died from Covid 5 %
    How many died with Covid? 95%

In the UK there is a fuel shortage going on right now,gas stations are out of gas,how did it start?

A whistleblower leaked some information from BP to a member of parliament,it was then leaked to the press.

The Press ran an insightful headline of do not panic,but you will not be able to buy fuel to go to work.

Which in turn caused panic and panic buying.

BP and other fuel suppliers said fuel sales have increased over 500% in less then 4 days.

There was no shortage,the media in order to grab headlines created panic in the streets which caused a shortage.

See how easy it was for the media to manipulate the public into believing something that did not exist in the first place?

Last edited by Richard; September-27-21 at 10:38 AM.

So, you mean to tell me that if you have hypertension and/or high cholesterol BEFORE you get Cancer, and you die, the Cancer is just an added on issue? You are really dying of the high blood pressure that you had first? Okayyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    So, you mean to tell me that if you have hypertension and/or high cholesterol BEFORE you get Cancer, and you die, the Cancer is just an added on issue? You are really dying of the high blood pressure that you had first? Okayyyy...
    Heart disease, which is typically the number one cause of death in the U.S. each year, leads to the death of about 2,000 Americans per day, and cancer claims about 1,600 American lives per day.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid-19-continues-to-be-a-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s-in-august-2021/

I do not personally mean to tell you anything,the numbers speak for themselves.

In the link it also reported that Covid dropped down to the 8th leading cause of death but yet all we heard 24/7 was that hospitals were overwhelmed because of Covid.

The question was,what percentage of the deaths were directly contributed to the corona virus.

The CDC link clears that up at 5%.

The other fatal diseases are ticking time bombs,nobody ever said 2000 people a day are dying of heart disease,so let’s lock down until we figure it out,it just became an excepted number.

The question was always how much of all of this has been manufactured or actually related to corona.

As time goes on the numbers show it and examples of people spreading false media reports of super spreader events that never happened seems to be coming out now.

A school district by me reversed its mask policy that it implemented 2 weeks ago saying that the number of cases in the district has dropped.

They are saying the number of cases have dropped because of the mask policy.

If the numbers dropped as a direct result of the mask policy,why would they lift that policy?

So now they are telling people get a shot or be banished from society and your workplace,when the numbers do not support the actions being taken.

In the aftermath the flow of goods and services is being throttled as the cost of living continues to rise throwing millions into the poverty threshold.

When you have a healthy individual that you have now removed their ability to produce and feed their family,that others must make up for in support of social services.

All over the 5% chance that they may die after receiving a virus that they have a 1.3 % or less chance of even catching in the first place.

You are not telling them to get the shot or die,you are telling them or forcing them to get the shot to protect somebody else that is and has been walking around with a time limited critical disease.

3600 American lives are lost EVERY DAY to heart disease and cancer alone,not to even mention the daily deaths from obesity.

All of those daily deaths happen everyday,or used to before Covid,but yet here we are not giving those deaths a moment of thought while the news is 24/7 get the shot or die,before the shot everybody did not die.

Look at the early deaths and the epicenters.

Shot or no shot the basic cause of death related to Covid has not changed.

The numbers directly linking Covid as the main cause of death,verses a contributing factor to an already fatal situation,has not changed.

What has changed is the transfer of wealth from the bottom 70% of society to the top 30% and in order to accomplish that we took out trillions in loans so we could be safe,high price to pay for the next 50 years.

At what cost will always be the question.

In order to save 3500 American lives per day,I think it should be mandated for everybody to show a complete medical record that shows no hidden diseases in order to gain employment or enter a restaurant.

Well that would not work out very well because that is considered illegal to require a potential employee to present medical records,unless of course it pertains to the corona virus,then it okay.

How come they list people every day on the news as so n so died from corona virus,but never run down the list of at least the 3500 that die from cancer and heart disease,they are the leading cause of death over Covid but take a back seat when making the news reports.

Notice how we are now allowing Covid to consume every aspect of our lives while undermining the fact that we are more likely to die walking to the mail box from heart disease.
    Last edited by Richard; September-27-21 at 07:27 PM.

Just because someone has high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease etc this does not mean that if they catch COVID the underlying condition is what causes their death. they might have gone on living with that underlying condition for years before dying of it: COVID which is what caused the death the other was just an underlying condition that contributed to a weakened immune system. COVID is still the cause

That’s the difference,when people are hospitalized with Covid verses Covid and the fatalities.

The CDC link answers your question,they do not know at what extent Covid had on their weakened system or if Covid was actually what pushed the underlying condition over the edge.

They do know that only 5% of the deaths directly related to Covid had no underlying conditions.

You can say in your mind that they died because of Covid,the media will say they died from Covid,but the numbers do not support that and not everybody with underlying conditions died after contracting Covid.

They are not my numbers,they are the numbers that are produced by the medical profession and submitted to the CDC who then complied them to get a more accurate picture of what exactly is happening,to who and why.

Cannot fear something that you understand.

What has driven Covid has been fear and the anxiety that it produced,the fear of the unknown.

Its going on 2 years now,the numbers prove that there is little to fear,be wary of or respect,but we are way past the Covid fear mongering of do this or die when the numbers simply do not support it.

They told Rosa Parks to sit in the back of the bus,she said no and started a revolution that changed history.

All they had to do was mandate a shot card for TB to be presented and at that time very few would have been allowed on the bus in the first place.

TB was a highly infectious disease,it was not until 2008 that they were looking at mandated TB shots and only in 25 states at the time.

Look at the TB rates - they surpassed Covid and still continue to do so.

TB in 2019 2.7 per 100,000
    Covid 1.3 per 100,000 on the average.

No TB mandates or lockdowns but yet the odds of dying from TB is higher then Covid.

2019 1.4 million died from TB.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/statistics/tbcases.htm

Pretty crazy to demand somebody sign a release of liability,while requiring them to get a shot or lose employment.

To bad the asbestos or opioid pharmaceutical companies did not have people sign those,could have saved them billions in claims along with everything else they seem to produce.

Look at something as simple as Aleve,works great at killing the pain but take it past 3 days and it starts killing your liver.

It’s a bit more complex then,take this shot or die.

Last edited by Richard; September-27-21 at 08:28 PM.

Red Herring [Lack of Relevance]
    The fallacy of introducing, as reasons for one's position, a topic that is not directly related to the issue originally being debated. In effect, the arguer starts on one topic, changes the subject, and then proceeds as if there has been no change in subject.

Richard... nice try again with the logic fallacy. This thread is about Covid-19. Yes underlying conditions affect those that live and die. But the fact that more people die each year of cancer and heart disease has no relevance to people dying of Covid... a disease that is contagious. You are going off topic... again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Red Herring [Lack of Relevance]
    The fallacy of introducing, as reasons for one's position, a topic that is not directly related to the issue originally being debated. In effect, the arguer starts on one topic, changes the subject, and then proceeds as if there has been no change in subject.

Richard... nice try again with the logic fallacy. This thread is about Covid-19. Yes underlying conditions affect those that live and die. But the fact that more people die each year of cancer and heart disease has no relevance to people dying of Covid... a disease that is contagious. You are going off topic... again!

That would be you shooting the messenger while going on about going off topic in a thread,like you have done several times in the past few days oppps.

I did not mean to scare you but the shot was touted as a way to return to normalcy,how is that working out?

Reasons for ones position.

Is it ones position to maintain status quo without question,even when presented with the facts,while following a narrative just so you can personally feel comfortable?

I did not make them up,how come to do not dispute the facts without using diversionary tactics and making it about me personally?

What is the fancy word for that tactic?

If you are going to tell others to stick to the topic,while they are actually doing so,you should try doing it yourself first.

O sorry I forgot about that whole rules for thee but not for me,your excused.

People dying from heart disease and cancer is relevant,because it is an underlying condition where it’s exact role is has not been determined as of yet when it comes to Covid.

The experts have been telling you that from day 1,how come you do not want to listen to the experts when it fits your narrative?

Do you want to try and respond again by disputing the facts presented by the CDC ?

You are not acting very logical,Spock would be giving you 2 thumbs down about now,in case if you have not noticed by now,the experts are still trying to figure this out,but yet here you are with the blinders on hanging on to the narrative of,do or die.

It is a bit more complex then that and if it was that simple there would have been no need for experts or throwing trillions of dollars at it.

The Geico lizard could have just got up there and said,go outside and die or get the shot or die.

And that’s why millions climbed into a box car,because they believed without question,even after they knew the final destination,they still got in because they were told to do so.
    Last edited by Richard; September-27-21 at 09:06 PM.

There is no way the government is using this to control people’s lives that would be a conspiracy theory. Or would it?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...anitarian.html

^ they skipped all of that and we went directly to Atlas Shrugged.

Airlines canceled thousands of flights because of a non existent weather event?

The interesting part there is the talk about using low risk personal to care for the disabled,specifically saying,those who have contracted Covid and recovered who then had a natural immunity.

Now the narrative is there is no natural immunity,get the shot or be sent to the camps,comply or suffer the consequences.

They seem to have lots of support for that route,which changes it from conspiracy theory to reality.
    Last edited by Richard; October-12-21 at 01:55 PM.

Not a good time for a scheduled surgery, or health care otherwise [reality] at William Beaumont hospital.

370 Beaumont Health workers suspended for refusing COVID vaccs - 70 more quit...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...They seem to have lots of support for that route,which changes it from conspiracy theory to reality.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-22-21 at 07:34 PM.

^ I went to my doctors office for my annual Wellness examination, and then to the large Beaumont Urgent Care facility for bloodwork...and all seemed normal there... can't speak for the hospital.

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast