Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1287

^ Hah! Couple that with the other eh' federal 'allowances' no wonder numbers are up. This, or shall I say DIS-United States - Indeed!

I'm sorry; what are we coupling? And allowences for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ Hah! Couple that with the other eh' federal 'allowances' no wonder numbers are up. This, or shall I say DIS-United States - Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Geeze.... one of my Facebook friends of many years that lives downriver was telling me of her neighbor whose 2 sons and 2 of their friends went to Florida on spring break.

Well when they came back... they brought Covid back with them... and not only are all 3 families sick right now, but their younger siblings took it to school where many of their classmates are now in quarantine, as are the workmates and friends of the parents. But at least the teens got to have a good time!

No wonder Michigan is one of the Covid hot spots right now. I bet this scenario is repeated thousands of times across the state [and country].

Dumb and Dumber...
    sense it takes up to 14 days for symptoms to appear,did your friends test for Covid immediately before boarding a plane before leaving an highly infected state,then test before they got on the plane in Florida ?

How do you not know if they were already infected then went to Florida and infected others as it was already a comparatively low infection state with little restrictions.

One does not know if they were not tested immediately before hand,outside of that it is using guessing and then applying that guess as a basis of a discussion as fact.

of course I got AIDS from sitting on a toilet seat,so who am I to debate.

of course the virus could have had a little made in Florida tag on it,then it would be plausible to determine exactly when and where to the exact location and time where one contracted the virus.
    Last edited by Richard; April-14-21 at 03:32 PM.

Richard... you can put your condescending political speech tone away. This was merely an anecdote about Covid... I'm not the CDC. They could have gotten it here in Michigan first... not saying they got it from a Floridian. Just the maskless gatherings/partying didn't help, especially if they did get it here first.. then they just spread it further while in Florida.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are still so flippant about Covid. My friend... the lady that told me this story about her neighbors... she is 45, and she caught Covid on Dec. 23. She was in and out of the hospital several times, and was on oxygen [at home] from Dec. 26 until today, April 14... when her doctor finally had her taken off of oxygen... after nearly 4 months!
    Last edited by Gistok; April-14-21 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Does it really matter at this point?
    It is critically important to know the exact origin of this virus.

Most importantly to prevent it from happening again.

Next up this experience has effectively demonstrated that America is highly at risk to destroying itself internally because of biological invasion.

American adversaries and enemies can not beat us Economically or Militarily but have recently discovered that we can be destroyed from within by divisiveness on how to react to this kind of disaster.

Lessons need to learned and fast or more of this will happen in the future.

Richard... you can put your condescending political speech tone away. This was merely an anecdote about Covid... I'm not the CDC. They could have gotten it here in Michigan first... not saying they got it from a Floridian. Just the maskless gatherings/partying didn't help, especially if they did get it here first.. then they just spread it further while in Florida.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are still so flippant about Covid. My friend... the lady that told me this story about her neighbors... she is 45, and she caught Covid on Dec. 23. She was in and out of the hospital several times, and was on oxygen [at home] from Dec. 26 until today, April 14... when her doctor finally had her taken off of oxygen... after nearly 4 months!
    No where in my post did I write anything that could be construed even by a peanut,anything political.

You should take you own advice and stop the petty attacks.

You are aware that you can have Covid,show no symptoms,but still spread it in the process.

https://www.medicinenet.com/can_you_...ptoms-news.htm

Nobody has ever been able to pinpoint the exact time place or date where one has contracted the virus. Fact.

Nobody has yet been able to pinpoint exactly why some places have high outbreak rates while others do not. Fact

Some states have high outbreak rates and others have lower . Fact

Heart disease is still the leading cause of death in the United States today. Fact

I know lots of people that have died in the last year also,cancer,heart attacks,car accidents,old age,electrocuted,the flu etc. are you going to remove all the things in society that people could possibly die from?

You cannot stop the virus,you cannot stop the deaths,no different then you can stop any of the other deaths.

In your expert opinion,what should we do in order to stop the virus? Kill ourself so we can be sure we do not catch it?

Because that is what some are doing as they are egged on by people spreading fear and false rumors,you can live your life in fear and hide in the closet, if you like that is your choice,but you have no right to judge others on their choices,you are not God.

Stop trying to drag politics into a discussion as a counter argument instead of using facts.

Which at this point even the facts are subjective,because the experts cannot even agree on those.

The comparatively small amount that have died from blood clots after receiving the shot,would you have also called them stupid if they had not taken the shot?

They went from a 99.5 % survival rate to death.
    Last edited by Richard; April-15-21 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    It is critically important to know the exact origin of this virus.

Most importantly to prevent it from happening again.

Next up this experience has effectively demonstrated that America is highly at risk to destroying itself internally because of biological invasion.

American adversaries and enemies can not beat us Economically or Militarily but have recently discovered that we can be destroyed from within by divisiveness on how to react to this kind of disaster.

Lessons need to learned and fast or more of this will happen in the future.

I think it will be years before they actually figure it out,if they do and the false sense of security being put out to counteract is probably more dangerous then the actual virus.
    Last edited by Richard; April-15-21 at 12:21 PM.

Richard since you are neither a scientist nor a doctor, I will not debate you [not a good idea anyway for obvious reasons].

Just 3 simple pieces of info that the CDC has suggested... 1) wear a mask when in a crowded gathering, 2) practice social distancing, 3) wash your hands often. Spring break in Florida is likely contrary to all of these.

You can spin it all you want... but it's really that simple.

And it has all been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. Just adding some new anecdotes.

And using percentages as a means to show how few Americans actually died is a false narrative. A smaller percent of Americans in WWII died than of Covid-19. That doesn't minimize the trauma or impact of either event.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-15-21 at 05:06 PM.

Richard since you are neither a scientist nor a doctor, I will not debate you [not a good idea anyway for obvious reasons].

Just 3 simple pieces of info that the CDC has suggested... 1) wear a mask when in a crowded gathering, 2) practice social distancing, 3) wash your hands often. Spring break in Florida is likely contrary to all of these.

You can spin it all you want... but it's really that simple.

And it has all been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. Just adding some new anecdotes.

And using percentages as a means to show how few Americans actually died is a false narrative. A smaller percent of Americans in WWII died than of Covid-19. That doesn't minimize the trauma or impact of either event.

Talk about spinning. You must have lost two pounds on that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Talk about spinning. You must have lost two pounds on that last one.
    Snipe and run.... Your one liners are getting stale.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-15-21 at 06:59 PM.

I just talked to a friend who owns a bar on the west side. He and his employees are now fully vaccinated. Once everyone who plans on being vaccinated has done so this summer, he plans on opening up fully by requiring a vaccination card. I know many states are trying to make that illegal, but I don't think that will happen in Michigan.

Will be interesting to see how that works...

ABC News just reported that 24 Michigan hospitals are at 90% capacity due to Covid.

They also stated that Beaumont is setting up Triage's outside of their hospitals because they're full.

DMC has Covid patients sitting in the hallways in ED. Their ICU is full.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-15-21 at 07:36 PM.

Snipe and run.... Your one liners are getting stale.
    As are your contrived posts and false accusations.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-15-21 at 08:35 PM.

The vaccination of people 65 and older and of nursing-home residents should blunt the death toll of a rise in cases. But according to state data, Michigan has administered first doses to 61 percent of its residents aged 65–74, and 62 percent of residents 75 and older. Detroit’s figures are much lower: The city has given first doses to only 43 percent of those aged 65–74 and 39 percent of people 75 and older. For comparison, the CDC reports that 66 percent of the U.S. population aged 65 and up has received at least one dose of vaccine. The numbers are even worse for Black people in Michigan: Statewide, just 28 percent of Black residents 65 and older are known to have received at least one dose of vaccine. Overall, Michigan has administered first doses to only about a quarter of its total population, and that number falls to 15 percent in Detroit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...tbreak/618332/

Pretty compelling,nothing has changed when it comes to protecting the most vulnerable, but yet confused why hospitals are filling up.

Last edited by Richard; April-15-21 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The vaccination of people 65 and older and of nursing-home residents should blunt the death toll of a rise in cases. But according to state data, Michigan has administered first doses to 61 percent of its residents aged 65–74, and 62 percent of residents 75 and older. Detroit’s figures are much lower: The city has given first doses to only 43 percent of those aged 65–74 and 39 percent of people 75 and older. For comparison, the CDC reports that 66 percent of the U.S. population aged 65 and up has received at least one dose of vaccine. The numbers are even worse for Black people in Michigan: Statewide, just 28 percent of Black residents 65 and older are known to have received at least one dose of vaccine. Overall, Michigan has administered first doses to only about a quarter of its total population, and that number falls to 15 percent in Detroit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...tbreak/618332/

Pretty compelling,nothing has changed when it comes to protecting the most vulnerable, but yet confused why hospitals are filling up.
    Yeah, in Detroit hesitancy is part of the problem... the low vaccination rate is making it worse...

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/det...as-cases-climb

In Detroit's suburbs vaccinations among the elderly is much higher, and a lot of the problem appears to be younger people not yet vaccinated, and some of them are waiting longer to visit a hospital. They are dying in fewer numbers, but many still require hospitalization.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-he...ospitals-again

Richard, I do apologize for being rude to you earlier in this thread. I just have had a lot of people close to me getting sick. No reason to take that out on you.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-15-21 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm sorry; what are we coupling? And allowances for what?
    My comment #1226 is a reference to my earlier comment #1211

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear that. Now if we can only get our fearless leaders to abide by what is basic, reasonable common sense during a pandemic [instead of cherry-picking their risk assessments and allowances]. I'd detail more, but then the thread would go into a federal political level beyond Michigan. So I'm done there.
    I'll be more detailed now considering possible down-the-road impacts to Michigan/ Detroit [thus not derailing the thread]. Yet I am not doing that 20 questions/ links here on a subject one can easily self-review at this point [now that the mainstream media is engaged].

While not impacting Detroit perhaps yet, COVID infection controls will remain broadly ineffective as there remains little true consensus in doing so [well beyond the non-mask wearers, and beach-party crowds, etc].

Case in point: This admin has made the choice [allowances] to re-open our southern borders [now widely reported - do your own research, but here's one general link] full-out to migrants/ refugees/ illegals [I'm not doing the name-debate thing]. Individuals, children, teens etc. untested [at least upon arrival], held in crowded, unsanitary settings; more in-coming. Many [including adults] slipping thru entry points sans any medical attention, etc. Well beyond attempts at COVID control and vaccinations.

[Couple] that with already incomplete/ overwhelmed vaccination processes and medical treatments for US citizens!

Soooo, while we are supposedly battening down the COVID on one level [or assessed areas], federally, efforts are being allowed to unravel elsewhere!

Is this comprehensive or even coherent health and human services policy?

At this rate COVID will remain in these, 'DIS-United' States for a long time.

And yet you're told to lock-down in your area - yet obvious and oblivious 'allowances' towards COVID exposure[s] continue.

WHO opens their borders like this during a Pandemic? Who else IS?

I think I'll start by asking my local congress-person and senators.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-16-21 at 08:26 AM.

ABC News just reported that 24 Michigan hospitals are at 90% capacity due to Covid.

They also stated that Beaumont is setting up Triage's outside of their hospitals because they're full.

DMC has Covid patients sitting in the hallways in ED. Their ICU is full.
    Yes. My nephew has been filliping patients in order to help them breath, going on three weeks. Beaumont. Many in their 30's and 40's. I wonder how many spring breakers came back and "neglected" to get tested from that no mask mandate state.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Yes. My nephew has been filliping patients in order to help them breath, going on three weeks. Beaumont. Many in their 30's and 40's. I wonder how many spring breakers came back and "neglected" to get tested from that no mask mandate state.
    that is a comment based on false assumptions,our mask mandates have been no different then yours,just as compliance has been.

Lots of businesses have been shut down and had licenses pulled for violations of the mask policy,until they go to court where it gets thrown out based on constitutional issues.

But a state with a higher vulnerable population,double the population with less cases and deaths,before even the shot was introduced.

Forget the mask,forget the shot,forget the politics and contrary to the belief that there are no other majority African cities.

Because there are and that are not seeing these numbers.

The UK is still in severe lockdown and their numbers are climbing,get caught out in the street with no mask and you are subject to arrest.

Detroit is being slammed again,while acting no different then other places are,until the experts can figure out why and what the root cause is,it is going to continue.

Bring it north of the Mason-Dixon Line to Chester PA next to Philadelphia,99% African American with 80% under the poverty level,they are not seeing those numbers.

There is another metric that is being missed.
    Last edited by Richard; April-16-21 at 08:46 AM.

So, ummmmm, 1500 flu case this year in the US nationwide. Last year 38 million flu cases. Do you believe in coincidence? Don’t think I do, but I do believe in bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    So, ummmmm, 1500 flu case this year in the US nationwide. Last year 38 million flu cases. Do you believe in coincidence? Don’t think I do, but I do believe in bullshit.
    I brought that point up and some coward on here said something to the affect of, “well maybe if we just wore masks more we could get rid of the flu too”

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You don't think wearing mask the last year helped to bring flu cases down? What's the coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    that is a comment based on false assumptions,our mask mandates have been no different then yours,just as compliance has been.

Lots of businesses have been shut down and had licenses pulled for violations of the mask policy,until they go to court where it gets thrown out based on constitutional issues.

But a state with a higher vulnerable population,double the population with less cases and deaths,before even the shot was introduced.

Forget the mask,forget the shot,forget the politics and contrary to the belief that there are no other majority African cities.

Because there are and that are not seeing these numbers.

The UK is still in severe lockdown and their numbers are climbing,get caught out in the street with no mask and you are subject to arrest.

Detroit is being slammed again,while acting no different then other places are,until the experts can figure out why and what the root cause is,it is going to continue.

Bring it north of the Mason-Dixon Line to Chester PA next to Philadelphia,99% African American with 80% under the poverty level,they are not seeing those numbers.

There is another metric that is being missed.
    High covid numbers [[per capita) are in Macomb and Oakland, not Wayne county.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    You don't think wearing mask the last year helped to bring flu cases down? What's the coincidence?
    Yep homicides, suicide, domestic and children abuse, bankruptcies, closing all skyrocketed, but at least some cowardly assholes didn’t get the sniffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Yep homicides, suicide, domestic and children abuse, bankruptcies, closing all skyrocketed, but at least some cowardly assholes didn’t get the sniffles.
    What's your point? Oh wait, maybe had it not been blown off as a "hoax" or "rounding the corner", we might all be in a different situation. Ya think?.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ai1SJ6ck5o

Those "sniffles" you speak of, have reached close to 563,000. deaths in the US alone.

https://www.imageservera.com/uploade...emoji-3104.jpg
    Last edited by Maof; April-16-21 at 02:41 PM.

The exact comment I made was
    The reason the flu infections have declined is because of the people who DO wear their masks, wash their hands and distance. Is that too hard to wrap your head around? Perhaps if we had been doing that at least during flu season for the past 100 years, we may have had fewer flu deaths over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I brought that point up and some coward on here said something to the affect of, “well maybe if we just wore masks more we could get rid of the flu too”
    Now explain to me how that equates to "homicides, suicides, child abuse, domestic abuse and bankruptcy?
    It's been proven that the three things I mentioned: wash your hands, wear a mask and distance prevents spreading illness; so how is this wrong? Or do you consider caring about the health of your fellow man make you a coward, big man?

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast