Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    We're creating walkable neighborhoods here, your cars are not the priority to say the least.
    In the Motor City???, I think they are. Detroit has very few 'walkable' neighborhoods. The average resident has to drive at least a half mile to find the nearest local grocery store or dollar store unless their corner liquor or gas station has the items they need.

And Vernor Highway is a commercial street with many establishments. But you would have to live in Detroit to know that.
    Last edited by Sehv313; December-18-20 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    And Vernor Highway is a commercial street with many establishments. But you would have to live in Detroit to know that.
    You act like half a mile is not within biking or walking distance. And there are indeed residents directly on the road, it's not just commercial. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3238...7i16384!8i8192

Look around you next time you hit Vernor *highway*, It's got bike lanes and MoGo stations, and Mexicantown now has shared streets.

The city is literally spending tens of millions of dollars to renovate major roads for better walkability [[McNichols, Grand River, Livernois) and with larger sidewalks too. This is also great for local businesses and studies prove it.