Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Moroun is THE textbook example of how anyone can make it in America. I believe THAT is why he's vilified in overwhelmingly black, liberal Detroit.
    Funny stuff. I live in an overwhelmingly white, conservative exburb of Detroit. You would need very good shoes if you walked down my street and knocked on doors until you found someone that liked or respected the man. From his status as one of top slumlord land speculators in the city, his strong arm theft of part of Riverside Park, the purposeful multi-year closure of public roads that forced small businesses to close, his bridge approach shenanigans that left residents to live with constant truck traffic for years [[For which he actually did jail time in his 80's) and much, much more.

I can't say that I'm fond of speaking ill of the dead, but if Matty Moroun earned and deserved one thing in his long 93 years of life, it was his foul reputation.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-14-20 at 09:57 AM.