Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I found it pretty incredible so few attending wore masks [[see longer video here). Perhaps still believe COVID-19 is fake ......

Most Detroiter's for certain don't. Even some that initially did...
    And why the confederate flags and AR-15's? Along with the knuckleheads wearing the American flags as capes.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Michissippi never disappoints.

You can expect another surge in COVID-19 cases in the coming days...

Thousands converge on Lansing to protest Whitmer's stay home order

Gov. Whitmer says Capitol protesters put others at risk, may have worsened pandemic

"The sad irony here is that ... they don’t like being in this stay-at-home order and they may have just created the need to lengthen it, which is something we’re trying to avoid at all costs.”
    James Smith, a health care worker from Lansing, Michigan took to social media to blast protesters clogging roads during a protest against the state's stay-at-home order. Aired on 4/15/2020.

Hah! I am not saying they did not have the right to protest, creating traffic jams... especially to be walking about like that... taking obvious risks to increase the numbers.

You have other risky gatherings continuing - in the city - partying-on doing their own thing. Also, without regard to the risk. Very short-sighted thinking.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...l-media-videos

An advantage [[probably unintended from those attending the Lansing protest - hah!) is for the governor to ease up on the ban on 'certain' non-essentials such as gardening products. Especially as more Detroiter's might need to considering 'growing' their own [[um, vegetables that is).

The irony of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    And why the confederate flags and AR-15's? Along with the knuckleheads wearing the American flags as capes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-20 at 09:49 AM.

A is A. He makes a strong point [[re. the traffic jams). But there are going to be more protests for varied reasons/ including in the Detroit... I'm wondering what the governor will concede behind this protest?

Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-20 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post

I watched the video. Saw one guy with a bolt-action rifle on his back,.. and ZERO Confederate flags.

Not sure why the media is lying about this. Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    I watched the video. Saw one guy with a bolt-action rifle on his back,.. and ZERO Confederate flags.

And a proud moment here: take you kids out in the cold and expose them to other people with no masks to make your own point and these two unhappy looking kids weren't the only ones
    Too bad mom or dad doesn't know how to spell either

And here's one that captures both

One more for the road
    Name:  butt brothers.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  34.0 KB

^^^ Just great!

This crowd [[and their artifacts therein) justifies for some the condemnation to all guns, from everyone, withstanding law abiding Detroiter's who desire the option to have firearms for self-protection.

Detroiter's not so obliged or tethered to the NRA or the right-wing.

We [[black people) don't have a dog-in-this-fight directly, but the political blow back may still impact us like so much does ........
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-20 at 11:42 AM.

There was a flag or two. Big guns as well... Be it as it happened, the bigger issue is that this is not the ONLY group of folks not too happy with Witmere and her policies set forth right now.

And no, NOT necessarily Trump supporters either.

There are other voices, and competing demands - challenging the status quo. Especially as regards to politics applied to Detroiter's, during this COVID-19 Pandemic.

Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-20 at 04:27 PM.

Gov. Evers of Wisconsin just extended Wisconsin's loose stay at home order until May 26 but expanded some options. As I read it, stores can set up sidewalk sales or at least preordered in front of the store. With two employees, one could be going inside to fetch something. This is helpful for small stores e.g. art supply stores, fabric stores, garden sales, clothing stores. It would allow for some expansion of commerce.

Wisconsin businesses and activities ramping up service and operations:

• Public libraries: Public libraries may now provide curb-side pick-up of books and other library materials.
    • Golf courses: Golf courses may open again, with restrictions including scheduling and paying for tee times online or by phone only. Clubhouses and pro shops must remain closed.
    • Non-essential businesses: Non-essential businesses will now be able to do more things as Minimum Basic Operations, including deliveries, mailings, and curb-side pick-up. Non-essential businesses must notify workers of whether they are necessary for the Minimum Basic Operations.
    • Arts and crafts stores: Arts and craft stores may offer expanded curb-side pick-up of materials necessary to make face masks or other personal protective equipment [[PPE).
    • Aesthetic or optional exterior work: Aesthetic or optional exterior lawn care or construction is now allowed under the extended order, so long as it can be done by one person.
    Last edited by oladub; April-17-20 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Gov. Evers of Wisconsin just extended Wisconsin's loose stay at home order until May 26 but expended some options. As I read it, stores can set up sidewalk sales or at least preordered in front of the store. With two employees, one could be going inside to fetch something. This is helpful for small stores e.g. art supply stores, fabric stores, garden sales, clothing stores. It would allow for some expansion of commerce.

Wisconsin businesses and activities ramping up service and operations:

• Public libraries: Public libraries may now provide curb-side pick-up of books and other library materials.
    I'll only address this part because I work in a library; it's the return of the books that will be the problem. There are very few, if any, ways to disinfect a book short of UVA machines that cost a fortune and can only treat one book at a time and that takes a couple days anyway. You can quarentine them, but nobody really knows how long to do so, and anyway, some poor clerk or circulation worker has to handle them just getting them inside the library. And it severely limits the number of books available for circulation if they're all sitting in a box for a couple weeks. It's easily solved by downloading books online; most libraries offer this. Again, not as many to circulate, but safer for all concerned

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    One more for the road
    Name:  butt brothers.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  34.0 KB
    The thing is you guys automatically attribute the stars and bars to the racist south.

The civil war was not only about the slaves,it was about the federal governments over reach of power to impose their power over the states,or a
    over reach of any government.

Note: It is necessary to disclaim any connection of these flags to neo-nazis, red-necks, skin-heads and the like. These groups have adopted this flag and desecrated it by their acts. They have no right to use this flag - it is a flag of honor, designed by the confederacy as a banner representing state's rights and still revered by the South. In fact, under attack, it still flies over the South Carolina capitol building. The South denies any relation to these hate groups and denies them the right to use the flags of the confederacy for any purpose. The crimes committed by these groups under the stolen banner of the conderacy only exacerbate the lies which link the seccesion to slavery interests when, from a Southerner's view, the cause was state's rights.

https://www.chamberofcommerce.org/us...rsandbars.html

Notice the Governor of New York is in television every day saying the President has no constitutional right to tell the states what to do.

But yet 30 days ago and even today they continue to chastise the federal government for not telling them what to do.

It is typical of,shut up and give us the money.

In 2015 New York it was determined $500 million was needed to prepare the state for a pandemic outbreak.

They choose not to spend the money,they picked another priority.

Tax payers in New York pay approximately $5.1 billion per year to support immigrants who are illegally residing in their state, according to the Federation for American Immigration Reform [[FAIR). Of the billions, about $4.3 billion is spent on illegal immigrant children in New York’s public schools, about $690 million is spent on health care, and another $165 million is spent on incarcerating, deporting, and prosecuting illegal immigrants.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...arch.yahoo.com

Now they are begging with hat in hand for the federal government to help after telling the federal government to piss off in the past when it came to spending priorities.

As governor in 2015 Cuomo made the decision to provide funding for illegals over the citizens of the United States,he determined at that time whose lives really mattered and now that American blood is on his hands he is hard pressed to pass the buck.
    Last edited by Richard; April-17-20 at 11:49 AM.

...You can quarantine them, but nobody really knows how long to do so...
    I've been told 72 hours by a professional who should know, but yeah, I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice too.

...some poor clerk or circulation worker has to handle them just getting them inside the library....
    I'd require gloves for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I've been told 72 hours by a professional who should know, but yeah, I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice too..
    I watch the news based from all over the world,every country has a list of experts and every expert has a different view.

It is a new strain that nobody can agree on,hindsight seems to be in control more then the experts that can only speculate to the future of it.

How exactly does one move forward based on the science of it when science had not dealt with it in the past outside of the basics?

Absolutely, I'd use glove handling books or any repetitive handling of items outside of my home. Changing the gloves is crucial as well...

I've been told 72 hours by a professional who should know, but yeah, I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice too. I'd require gloves for that job.

I've been told 72 hours by a professional who should know, but yeah, I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice too.

I'd require gloves for that job.
    Of course; gloves, mask, sanitizer, but you still don't know what germs are getting through that mask in the dust off the books. There are mold and mildew spores already at play in library books, just add virii to the mix!!

Ah yes! The conflicted, paradoxical, and political dis-UNITED 'states' ......

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...Notice the Governor of New York is in television every day saying the President has no constitutional right to tell the states what to do.

But yet 30 days ago and even today they continue to chastise the federal government for not telling them what to do.

I watched it in realtime on my daughters Facebook. Scouts honor

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Y2GB

On about April 12, 2020, over 90% of the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt had been tested. At the time there were 585 positive results from the coronavirus testing and 3,724 negative results from the testing.

About 60% of the positive cases were asymptomatic. This is about the same proportion as for those on board the cruise ship Diamond Princess while it was stationed at Yokohama starting in February.
    Last edited by Dumpling; April-17-20 at 01:47 PM.

At the City of Detroit Health Department Dashboard, today it reads:

7,406 cases in Detroit proper with 572 deaths in Detroit proper.

[[So sorry for everyone's losses)

But using data from Diamond Princess and confirmed by USS Theodore Roosevelt testing...suppose that asymptomatic cases mostly have not been counted in Detroit, and symptomatic ones have.

So the 7,406 cases is 40 percent of what total number of cases?

7406/0.4 = 18,515 cases in all.

Suppose that, approximately as for the Diamond Princess, the deaths represent only 1.6% of the total cases? Then how many cases are there in Detroit?

572 deaths/0.016 = 35,750 as the suggested true number of cases in Detroit which would be 5.3% of the estimated population of 670,000 in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Y2GB

On about April 12, 2020, over 90% of the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt had been tested. At the time there were 585 positive results from the coronavirus testing and 3,724 negative results from the testing.
    Figure in the math

Crew of the Roosevelt 5000

If 90% were tested?

Tight quarters on a carrier,you pass each other in the passageways belly to belly.

Depending on what is for dinner,you can stand in the chow line with over 2000 others for hours,standing right next to each other.

How many mustered in the hanger bay to see the captain off with no protection,knowing full well that it was spreading,while they were standing shoulder to shoulder chanting loudly?

If the captain and crew knew full well that they were infected and it was spreading,how come he did not order a lock down?

They train for chemical attack and set conditions in the ship to restrict movement,but none of that was applied.

There are 11 more carriers floating out there with 55,000 personal.

Not trying to undermine numbers and statistics but

Italy,China the USS Roosevelt are all unique cases and really should not be used in the numbers.

Not that I am an expert and suck at math,but even the experts cannot agree on which side is up,so I figure,what the hell anyways.

A German biotech scientist was saying that each time the virus gets passed on,it becomes diluted and effects the next person in a different way depending on how the virus mutates in the transfer.
    Last edited by Richard; April-17-20 at 03:34 PM.

I absolutely agree that the numbers I've taken concerning the USS Roosevelt testing don't all add up. I don't know why that is, other than that the initial numbers reflected partial testing that was ongoing still, and do welcome corrections.

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast