Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast

Men's handkerchief will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I don't have any bandanas. What if I put a plastic bag over my head? Would that work?

Here is a CDC recommended way to make a face mask... without the use of "pony tail holders" which seem to be in short supply in most households!

https://mashable.com/video/cdc-face-mask-how-to/

^^^Shhh...keep that on the down-low 'bout the pony tail holders before the sellers on eBay/ Amazon start charging $20 for package of TEN!

Think I'm joking? A $3.99 or so 32 oz bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol 91% now averages $25 dollars on eBay not including shipping! INSANE!
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-20 at 03:28 PM.

They are saying that according to the modeling,Detroit region should be at the top of the peak in about 7 days.

One of the issues with the alcohol on Ebay or Amazon is the shipping on alcohol; it's prohibitive to ship even in good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^Shhh...keep that on the down-low 'bout the pony tail holders before the sellers on eBay/ Amazon start charging $20 for package of TEN!

Think I'm joking? A $3.99 or so 32 oz bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol 91% now averages $25 dollars on eBay not including shipping! INSANE!

I don't have any bandanas. What if I put a plastic bag over my head? Would that work?
    Uh, you might wanna hold up the bag! But there are many fabrics, including even dish clothes that can be used as either liners to thin paper masks, or cut down to be made in to bandanas.

The link shows the best household etc. materials for masks in order of filtration:
    https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/

Also, I found packages of three bandanas for two dollars at Dollar Castle in Warren MI on VanDyke two weeks ago but now that the info is known about them the prices are probably up and the inventory low!

Ebay sells a few -- still not inflated prices wise as all sellers have not responded with price gouging.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-20 at 05:15 PM.

Are you kidding? Today, right now, eBay's selling rubbing Isopropyl Alcohol hand-over-fist, and then back-over-the-hand again!

eBay hardly cares what you print a shipping label for as a seller.

You can sell candles, matches, all matter of things that the post office probably prohibits. The sellers just say no when asked if 'anything hazardous or flammable...' by the postal clerk I guess.

I ordered a bottle of rubbing Isopropyl Alcohol and it was sent quickly. I was ripped off price-wise but the item shipped.

I forgot that it might be on a prohibited list!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    One of the issues with the alcohol on Ebay or Amazon is the shipping on alcohol; it's prohibitive to ship even in good times
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-20 at 08:34 PM.

As a guy... I don't believe in using a "shopping list" when I go to the Dollar Store. So I end up having way more stuff stored at home. I have enough bar soap, pump soap, chlorine spray bottle and other cleaning product [[as well as two 100 count bags of disposable gloves) to last me clear to the Rapture...

Per the Data CSSE Tracking we've jump globally about 64K more than about 6:00 AM. The contagion factor can't be ignored!

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-20 at 07:00 PM.

Yes, as long as it's not a carrot or onion bag. My girlfriend makes her own "Sponge Bob" facemasks... That's her @ Eastern Mark-Up.

Name:  Sponge Bob Facemask.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  139.1 KB
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-04-20 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yes, as long as it's not a carrot or onion bag. My girlfriend makes her own "Sponge Bob" facemasks... That's her @ Eastern Mark-Up.

Name:  Sponge Bob Facemask.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  139.1 KB
    She’s a keeper better slap a ring on her finger fast.

^^^ Yep. Don't let her be 'the one that got away' HT!

She could have just used a C-Cup size.Only during a pandemic will it be acceptable to use women’s undergarments as protective gear.

Look at the image in the mirror bottom left,some kind of a contraction of a vehicle parked next to the white car.
    Last edited by Richard; April-05-20 at 09:41 AM.

Meanwhile on the New York subway Friday;

Name:  New York Subway April 3 2020.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  52.5 KB

Some kind of weird dooms-day machine! That's all we need!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...Look at the image in the mirror bottom left,some kind of a contraction of a vehicle parked next to the white car.

Goodness - UGH. I'd have been creeped out by that April 5th 2002!

Public transpo is a different factor if you have to rely on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Meanwhile on the New York subway Friday....

Meanwhile on the New York subway Friday;

Name:  New York Subway April 3 2020.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  52.5 KB
    It is amazing the differences in what we are told and what is happening,the video clip of the overwhelmed hospital that is being used in pretty much every country,but saying it was in their epicenter,they should remove the Italian license plates off of the ambulance parked out front.

Unless of course Italy is now providing ambulance service to the world then it would be understandable.

News from a friend at GM. He is in the group working to make ventilators. Working from home 70+ hours a week for the last couple of weeks to procure the 700 various components.

They are scheduled to begin production this Tuesday.

Another group making surgical masks began production Friday in Warren. Working out the bugs. Started at a rate of a couple thousand a day, and are already up to 12,000 a day. I believe they're working around the clock, and plan to hit 50,000 a day by weeks end ???

An old acquaintance of mine has some businesses in Detroit, and is making surgical grade hand sanitizer. Gallon jug only. I bought a few for work and friends,.. and also donated money for a bunch that he can give away to needy groups. You have to do that in a separate transaction.

Buy hand sanitizer

https://thedetroitbus.com/product/bu...tizer-company/
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-05-20 at 11:44 AM.

^^^ Awesome news that is! Sadly in the meantime you have the price gougers on eBay feasting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dawn-Ultra-...k/174239956701

They either inflate product pricing or charge $25-30+ dollars for something that would normally ship for a third that price.

eBay is ending some of it such as the isopropyl alcohol scam. You've got folk hocking $3 bottles for over $35 depending on the % level!
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-20 at 12:16 PM.

^^^ Um... that was fast! Good job eBay. They just removed the dishwashing liquid [[link above) that was being sold with a $29.99 shipping tab!

This is the pre-pandemic baseline.

Name:  Bought11.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  29.7 KB

Back in January, because of Kroger's normal stocking problems, on Amazon I ordered rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide,[[same size, a few cents more), big bulk TP, and hand sanitizer x 4. Plus the GFS box of 100 ct. vinyl gloves I always keep on hand.[[Raw meat handling etc.)

I was thinking Flu season then. But Kroger unknowingly did me a big favor.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-05-20 at 05:05 PM.

It's time for grocery stores and big box thrifty marts to limit social distancing my allowing 10 to 15 customers into their stores.

Being a business person, I know that price hikes, even big ones, are a good thing. Not by middle-men,.. but by manufacturers.

When there's a huge need for something, and prices spike,... manufacturers work around the clock trying to meet demand [[because it's so profitable). New players enter the market and work 100 + hour weeks to try to cash in.

Supply quickly catches up with demand, and prices fall back to normal.

When commie price-fixers get their way,.. and manufacturers are only allowed to charge peace-time prices [[or are shamed into doing so),.. few bother to work overtime to solve the crisis. In fact,.. because raw material prices, labor and shipping may have gone up,.. profit actually decreases. And manufacturers aren't motivated to do anything and everything to solve the problem.

When you interfere with the market, supply is lower than it could be, and people die.

Let the market work.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-05-20 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's time for grocery stores and big box thrifty marts to limit social distancing my allowing 10 to 15 customers into their stores.

I was at Home Depot today. That's what they were doing.

Cuing people up outside the lumber entrance. Perhaps 30 people total in the store at a time. Long cue [[distance-wise) to the register. 4-5 registers open,.. but only 3 people checking out,.. so no one near you.

I don't think I was ever within 10' of anyone else, except slipping past the cashier while holding my breath.

I was at Home Depot today. That's what they were doing.

Cuing people up outside the lumber entrance. Perhaps 30 people total in the store at a time. Long cue [[distance-wise) to the register. 4-5 registers open,.. but only 3 people checking out,.. so no one near you.

I don't think I was ever within 10' of anyone else, except slipping past the cashier while holding my breath.

Traitor Joe's has been limiting the number of people @ one time in their store for a few weeks now.

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast