Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The propaganda machine hard at work,even down our market is still up over 6% long term,France spent the summers in protest after protest,Italy was down,the UK was down if our economy had not been as strong as it was,we would be in deep dark waters really fast.
    MSM is hitting all time lows. It’s almost like they’re rooting for this thing to get worst. Whatever it takes to hang something on Trump. Not the fucking time guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    MSM is hitting all time lows. It’s almost like they’re rooting for this thing to get worst. Whatever it takes to hang something on Trump. Not the fucking time guys!!
    Surely you would agree that it's not the time for DT to tweet and compare his press briefing ratings to The Bachelor and Monday Night Football either.....

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

Replying to @realDonaldTrump

...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...

@realDonaldTrump
    ·
    ...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...
    Last edited by Maof; March-31-20 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Surely you would agree that it's not the time for DT to compare his press briefing ratings to The Bachelor and Monday Night Football either.....

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...

@realDonaldTrump
    ·
    ...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...

Ha, you know I wouldn't have known any of that info on my own. Thanks!

I think that bears repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post

@realDonaldTrump
    ·

Once again CBS caught using video deceptively ...
    https://www.westernjournal.com/cbs-u...sharingbuttons

When are people going to wake up to the media manipulation that is surrounding all of this ?
    Real sorry I clicked on that link; that's 5 minutes of my time I'll never get back from the "Not-to-bRightwing" media...

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Mainstream media and our health scientists is the only thing that kept this country's hospitals from exploding with our death toll.

Meanwhile Trump should be on a corner selling snake oil 'like a miracle it will all disappear' and 'This is their new hoax'. He just makes up things like a teenager. That was our leader, as we veered into an economic shutdown because of a health crisis. He was tweeting, caught with his pants down, saying a miracle was coming. He's got my vote in November, lol.

Here's another guy who didn't like the MSM. Oh he died from Coronavirus. https://www.newsweek.com/virginia-pa...ndemic-1494702
    Last edited by DeLemur; March-31-20 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I think that bears repeating.
    Yes. People will slow down to watch a car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Real sorry I clicked on that link; that's 5 minutes of my time I'll never get back from the "Not-to-bRightwing" media...
    You could have been handing out $1200 checks to illegal immigrants as they came across the border.

Wading into a controversial topic, I would like to bring up racial and cultural considerations regarding the spread of Covid-19. Corey Booker, Pressley, Kamala and some others in Congress want to look into the number of Covid-19 tests being given the black community. Although there isn't much coverage of who gets Covid-19 by race or culture, those Congress members' concerns suggests blacks are getting sick at a higher rate. I did find one article saying that blacks in Milwaukee accounted for half the Covid-19 deaths in Wisconsin although only 6.7% of Wisconsin is black. If the situation is the same in Michigan and elsewhere, I support their effort to find out if and why blacks are dying in larger numbers from Covid-19 and if, for instance, blacks are not being tested.

NY City has been removing basketball hoops in public parks to reduce people from playing together when they should be inside. I'm making a possible racist assumption here assuming black teens are largely the target of this health measure. Some things like having to go to work on busses are probably affecting low income groups but I leave some space for different cultural responses. Sweden and Germany for instance have much lower death rates than Spain and Italy. Some articles are suggesting the Swedish lifestyle in which over half of households consist of one person reduces rates of infection. Asians shame those who do not wear a mask. The two times I've worn a mask in public, I seem instead to make others nervous. That too is a cultural difference between East Asians and other westerners.

I'm not qualified to decide how best to address disparities, health education efforts, and possible cultural differences causing possible higher rates of infection in the black community but it seems like a good idea to quickly begin by collecting numbers. Some cross referencing with other poor groups - e.g. Hmong, poor whites, rural vs. urban poor, Hispanics would also be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Yes,I would expect nothing less of you in ignoring the facts when they do not fit the narrative of your choice.

Tweet posted by Chuck Schumer on February 5 2020

The premature travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing war against immigrants.There must be checks and balances on these restrictions.

Let me guess Twitter is a right wing propaganda tool also.

1 week later the house was holding investigatory hearings on the presidents overreaction to the Corona virus.

I notice the whole triggered aspect of Trumps ratings thing was taken out of context when it was based on claims that nobody was watching his daily briefings to start with.

He tweets in reference to the big picture in relation to context,people read a three line tweet in the scope of the thought of the moment,which is about all they can adsorb.
    Last edited by Richard; March-31-20 at 11:53 AM.

I moved this here so Lowell doesn't have to.

• US president brags about high TV viewership of coronavirus briefings
    The ratings are due to the coronavirus, not you, Mr. Trump. The world turns away when you take the mic. How does it feel to be constantly surrounded only by those who are present reluctantly?

• US Washington NPR station will no longer broadcast presidents’ conferences citing volume of disinformation
    More on that:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The ratings are due to the coronavirus, not you, Mr. Trump. The world turns away when you take the mic. How does it feel to be constantly surrounded only by those who are present reluctantly?

"A"public radio station in Washington state has decided to no longer broadcast Donald Trump’s coronavirus press briefings live on the basis that they routinely relay disinformation.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-31-20 at 01:16 PM.

Likewise, Sen. Bernie Sanders [[I-VT) told a Fox News town hall last week that he would not close the borders to stop the spread of coronavirus, saying that Trump’s policy was driven by ” xenophobic, anti-immigrant sentiment.

Rep. Ami Bera [[D-CA), a doctor who chairs of the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific, said that the travel ban “probably doesn’t make sense” and that the U.S. needed to work with China.
    Both of President Trump’s potential opponents in November opposed the China travel ban. Former Vice President Joe Biden accused Trump of “hysteria, xenophobia … hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering” with the ban.

At the time, President Trump faced wide criticism. World Health Organization head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Feb. 3 that such bans “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” and could harm international cooperation.

Scientists have since praised the president for his early action, with the New England Journal of Medicine suggesting that “such restrictions may have helped slow the spread of the virus.” The president took action on Jan. 31, 40 days before the World Health Organization declared coronavirus a “pandemic.”

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...irus-pandemic/

Those choosing to attack the source while ignoring the facts in 3....2...1 .....

I'm guessing they [[NPR) really doubt their audiences abilities of discernment? I posted about that decision on the Detroit thread...

Yet they'd be first to protest if those press briefings were withheld from their broadcast. SMH.........

A tad snow-flakish. The president is not the only person presenting information at these briefings. A bit dicey there as to when and what portions to show, especially for live event!

I guess they'd showed the replay later - cut up and consumer-ready. Wow.

As I said I'd want to know what my enemy is saying/ proposing -- especially now!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "A" public radio station in Washington state has decided to no longer broadcast Donald Trump’s coronavirus press briefings live on the basis that they routinely relay disinformation.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-20 at 06:00 AM.

3.5 years into everything if,one does not know who the “enemy” is,now it not going to make much of a difference in anybody’s mind.

The drama continues,it is like a heat seeking missile,when it looses one target it takes a millisecond to lock on to another.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs
    Last edited by Richard; March-31-20 at 04:12 PM.

Yep. I don't agree with everything Trump or policies put forth. I am on record for that. But I'm going to stay aware of what is going on.

I tune out as I need and can determine facts from fake. I have a brain.

The drama continues, it is like a heat seeking missile, when it looses one target it takes a millisecond to lock on to another...
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-20 at 12:04 PM.

^ that’s what people do not realize as they are in front of the cameras screaming about supplies,it is a global thing,every hospital,every city,every state and every country in the world is in the same situation and competing for at the same time.

France says they need 35 million plain face masks alone,Scotland figures they need 50 million pounds of supplies to combat this.

The numbers are mind boggling.

The irony of it all 70% of the supplies are coming out of China.

Including over 1 million defective test kits that they had to send back to the same company to replace.

Per the CSSE Map so much of the New Jersey and New York area etc. is heavily effected.

Any ideas on how the east coast COVID-19 numbers have jumped so high?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Increased supply of test kits,wonder why they are not saying what the scale of ones tested and recovered is.

One can test positive and have light symptoms and recover with little medical assistance and still be counted.But they keep pushing the narrative of if you get it you are automatically dead which scares the hell out of people.

The higher the density the more effected.

https://www.facebook.com/10000029799...894122647/?d=n

That video was shared on Facebook and is showing a Brooklyn hospital that the media was claiming to be overwhelmed with lines around the block for testing,it actually looks deserted.

Today, FBI raided and arrested Baruch Feldheim in Brooklyn, after stealing and hoarding thousands of ventilators and 80,000 masks that hospitals needed and tried to sell at a markup of 700% [[1000 masks for $12,000). Also is facing assault charges for coughing on FBI agent.

Remember at the presser last week when the president said there was a supplier that was filling hospital orders,20,000 masks a week were going to a hospital then they jumped the order up to 300,000 a week.

Remember anything related to the corona virus under a national emergency cost wise is reimbursed by FEMA.

That is why the FBI handled it because it is now federal,your tax money.

So how many hospitals maybe unknowingly,are ordering supplies and selling them out of the back door for profit?
    Last edited by Richard; April-02-20 at 01:30 AM.

I'm going to guess more testing out there than here, so they are finding active cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Per the CSSE Map so much of the New Jersey and New York area etc. is heavily effected.

My son in law is involved in this on the IT end of things; tests were released yesterday.
    ABBOTT LAUNCHES MOLECULAR POINT-OF-CARE TEST TO DETECT NOVEL CORONAVIRUS IN AS LITTLE AS FIVE MINUTES- The Abbott ID NOW™ COVID-19 test brings rapid testing to the front lines
    - Test to run on Abbott's point-of-care ID NOW platform - a portable instrument that can be deployed where testing is needed most
    - ID NOW has the largest molecular point-of-care installed base in the U.S. and is available in a wide range of healthcare settings
    - Abbott will be making ID NOW COVID-19 tests available next week and expects to ramp up manufacturing to deliver 50,000 tests per day
    - This is the company's second test to receive Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA for COVID-19 detection; combined, Abbott expects to produce about 5 million tests per month

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

1. As jcole mentioned, more testing helps identify more cases of COVID but the higher number of deaths in NYC has little to do with more testing.
    2. Apartment living and the use of more mass transit make it more difficult to stay 6' apart, not touch elevator buttons, or breath fresh air. Single family homes and private autos are a plus for keeping people separated.
    3a. Cultural differences. Cultures that are more touchy feely [[Italy, Spain) spread viruses more than East Asian or Scandinavian cultures that have larger personal space bubbles. Washington State and Minnesota are handling their situations better than NY City and New Jersey. All are blue.
    3b. Scientifically oriented and self disciplined populations have a survival advantage.
    4. President Trump has been criticized for not taking some actions soon enough. Mayor di Blasio was equally guilty of encouraging people to carry on like normal. "New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and his top health official were telling citizens to take the subway and attend parades months after President Donald Trump restricted travel to coronavirus-plagued China." In contrast, Washington, Ohio and California's Governors got out ahead of the curve.

Taiwan's Aggressive Efforts are Paying Off in Fight against COVID-19
    Last edited by oladub; April-02-20 at 09:01 AM.

"China Lied" [[in the big picture, not more than others)

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/chi...nce-agents-say

This is from one of the earlier links in this thread - back in January -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeBBnTD6qg

assessing the quality of the information coming out of China at that time.

The recent Fox News report is actually discussing China's treatment of
    asymptomatic cases. Asymptomatic cases in China likely have been
    underreported - however, implicitly, if a country is locking down tens
    of millions and hurting its economy in the process, that says that there
    probably are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases resembling
    the ever-present common cold driving the spread of the coronavirus.

There WAS an impression early on that most cases were acquired from
    symptomatic individuals. That MAY still be true.
    Last edited by Dumpling; April-02-20 at 09:51 AM.

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 ... LastLast