Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I'm disappointed that Patterson and Hackel aren't onboard with more regional thinking.

However, that said, I really wish that an RTA proposal would mean this:

- Disbanding of SMART, DDOT, People Mover, M1 Rail, etc...
    - The regional authority operates all buses in the region, M1 Rail, and the People Mover
    - Short-term, BRT is put into place to move people into and out of Downtown Detroit, as well as any other key corridors
    - Long-term, grade separated rail [[subway or elevated) is put on certain high-volume key routes

I'm for more public transit, but hate the idea of getting it via yet another overlapping, competing service

They never have been on board. Detroit is the worst major city in the US when it comes to mass transit. Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, etc.. have all past us by. They always seem to think if they have anything to do with Detroit, they're going to get screwed, especially L Brooks. He's always been divisive towards Detroit for 40 years running. He's greedy and only wants to see things his way. That's why until we get new leadership that is willing to work for the good of ALL SE Michigan, we will continue to run in quicksand.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-23-18 at 02:26 PM.