Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
Will it result in more buses or BRT being paid for by the RTA millage? My understanding was the RTA meant BRT in key corridors.

The way I'm interpreting you is that it's just a layer of management providing little benefit, but I assume\hope that I'm not understanding you correctly.
Connect SE Michigan does not include BRT. It includes funding more buses that will be used go headways can be 15 minutes all day every day for major routes, 15 minute headways for secondary routes during rush hour, airport express routes, and commuter park and ride routes, along with AA-Detroit commuter rail.

So yes, the new millage will include initially 5.4 billion over 20 years [[NOT including federal dollars we need to capture which could provide billions more) for the transit agencies to have more service and resources to operate better.

I take back some of what I said about commuter rail. Commuter rail will most likely be governed by the RTA but outsourced to a company that knows how to operate such systems.

Agency consolidation is near impossible due to union contracts, customer relations, and operational systems. Most, if not all, of North America's regional authorities are not a single unit. There could a suburban department, city department, bus departments, rail departments, etc. But they're all under one regional authority. When/if this plan is passed, the next step is implementation when we start to see coordination happening between the agencies and the RTA will actually have AUTHORITY to get shit done.