Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
...snip...
"I also can see very clearly how destructive some of these other models are. So the dinner is about uplifting self-determination and having a conversation around self-determination as a tool for community transformation as opposed to relying on an exploitative, extractive, free-market system or relying on philanthropy that controls and dictates how money is spent and to whom it is given," Wey says.
I don't think his approach is wise, but its his right to do what he wants.

What is more interesting is his philosophy. Can anyone explain this to me? What is self-determination? I don't see anyone whose right to self-determination is impinged? How does SD lead to 'community transformation'? And transformation into what?

Apparently what not is the 'exploitative, extractive free-market system'. How are some exploited? Who is 'extracting' what from whom? From what I can see, the EEFMS has done a pretty good job of reducing poverty and increasing health and education around the world. If Wey thinks it has overlooked someone, he might want to consider some identity group self reflection while learning just how others around the world are joining the EEFMS and becoming successful.

He has his buzzwords down pat. That I give him. But expressing real meaning to other? Not so much. Helping reduce racism -- not at all.