Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Are you an Atheist or Roman Catholic?

The Queen is not only head of state, but the Queen is the state in the formal sense in Canada.

If you commit a crime in Canada, you are prosecuted, not by a District Attorney like in the US, but a "Crown" Attorney because you are committing a crime against the Queen, not against The People.

The case would be called Regina [[Regina from latin meaning the Queen or Rex if there's a King) vs. Kiraly, not The Public vs. Kiraly as in the US.

Public land is called "Crown" land.

Public corporations are called "Crown" corporations.

Institutions like the Federal Government and Provincial Government have a Governor General and Lieutenant Governor who are representatives of the Queen in the formal sense.

The Queen's face is on all Canadian currency--nickels, dimes, quarters, etc.

Even though Canada is self-governing, the Queen is the state. The Queen's ancestors founded the Anglican church as a new Christian denomination and made it a state Church. It is a state made denomination. Through the Queen, it is a "state" church in Canada, technically.

This is reaffirmed in Canada by the title that the Queen is "Defender of the Faith" in the Royal Styles and Titles Act of Canada, which I've already showed you historically where it came from and what it means.

That wikipedia quote is referring to the Queen as Defender of the Anglican Christian faith in Canada. Period. The end.
Two things.

One, this is my thread, this sub-thread is WAY off topic and has nothing to do w/my original post or the thread title in anyway, shape or form.

It was a tangent started by you, as an attempt to correct an inconsequential statement made in reply to someone else.

Two, Kiraly is right.

But that doesn't really matter, if you wish to argue the point further, kindly start your own thread on the subject.

TY