Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
Holy shit, I almost drowned under an avalanche of red herrings and Whataboutism in that post. Even though I specifically challenged you to not do that. Literally going all the way back to the 1950's to find stuff to justify Russians violating our election laws. Would you bend over backwards like that to justify Chinese or North Korean espionage in the United States? Or is your logical gymnastics merely restricted to defending Russian crimes?
aj, Who are you, the Grand Inquisitor? Some of us do see obvious foreign influences trying to alter the results of US elections [[e.g. the Hillary campaign paying for dirt on Trump from a foreign source) and the craven hypocrisy of the left's promulgation of the deep state influencing other countries' elections and overthrowing governments and consider such things highly relevant. I didn't justify foreign interference in our election. I did suggest that the left put on its big boy shoes and take responsibility for beefing up our own computer security, even Hillary's, and not being so hypocritical. If you don't like my take: too bad. Since you brought North Korea into the conversation up to make your point that I wasn't observing your rules, I will bring up Libya. Libya did eliminate its nuke program to satisfy the international community. Having done so, Obama killed Khadafi. Maybe Kim noticed. Neo-McCarthyism is dangerous. Fueling a renewal of the cold war instead of negotiating peace is expensive and potentially catastrophic. I proudly, and without apology, prefer detente to cold wars.