Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Maybe you can disprove it by flying a plane with the transponder turned off over the game.
    Or a blimp.

And as usual you are confused as to what end to speak out of.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAcI07SWMw

Maybe you can disprove it by flying a plane with the transponder turned off over the game.
    What? You mean corrective action was taken by the Federal Government because of 9/11? But why would they do that Richard? Like you keep saying 'there are so many ways to kill people it wouldn't make a difference'

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    What? You mean corrective action was taken by the Federal Government because of 9/11? But why would they do that Richard? Like you keep saying 'there are so many ways to kill people it wouldn't make a difference'

Big difference,they created an enforced no fly zone,facial recognition and metal detectors to keep weapons from entering,they did not pass a law on the manufacture or ownership of the weapons or aircraft.

You do not think somebody could sit in a parking lot and shoot a modified bottle rocket loaded with anthrax into the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Same thing is being done with those who 'take a knee.' If you aren't doing it then, somehow, you are against civil rights or something.
    I've not seen anyone criticize those who stand. The only criticism I've seen is for those that get enraged by kneeling, but don't get enraged by unequal rights and the treatment of minorities that they're protesting.

Folks that are kneeling are doing it to upset people so they're heard. Just like when black people started refusing to give up their seats to white people, it offended people and they got heard.

Big difference,they created an enforced no fly zone,facial recognition and metal detectors to keep weapons from entering,they did not pass a law on the manufacture or ownership of the weapons or aircraft.

You do not think somebody could sit in a parking lot and shoot a modified bottle rocket loaded with anthrax into the stadium?
    What an inspiring and insightful comment. Everyone is now a better person for having read your magnificent words and draughted from the fountain of brilliance.

The world must bend in awe at your strength and awe inducing intelligence. I certainly am blessed to be near the mere shadow by your brilliance .

I now know the meaning of Richard.

See how long that stays up. 10, 9, 8, ...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    What an inspiring and insightful comment. Everyone is now a better person for having read your magnificent words and draughted from the fountain of brilliance.

The world must bend in awe at your strength and awe inducing intelligence. I certainly am blessed to be near the mere shadow by your brilliance .

I now know the meaning of Richard.
    That is okay by me,it is your opinion and you have the right to it,It does not bother me and most certainly would not expect everybody to agree with me all of the time.

His post was a carry over discussion from another thread,without reading both it is hard to put it in perspective.

But we were both wrong for injecting it into this thread and causing a distraction,for that I apologize,I am pretty skinny so you might find it hard to be in my shadow for long.

There is suppose to be some kind of threat at the U of M- Mich St game as well.

Big [[little?) dud? Eight protesters?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...nee/744229001/

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post

Having attended many games, my favorite angle to this issue is the 2,000 or so fans that plan a strategic trip to the restroom during the anthem....standing there 6 deep at a urinal....and you know there just singing along respectfully as they stare at their phones...while holding their junk.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post

And nobody on either team kneeled or did any other form of protesting that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    And nobody on either team kneeled or did any other form of protesting that I could see.
    A friend was there with good seats.

Best he could tell,.. there was no protest of any sort inside the stadium, and two Lions players sat on the bench during the anthem. The rest of the players on both teams stood [[again,.. best he could tell).

My guess is that it's probably the same two guys that knelt a week ago. #44, Jalen Reeves-Maybin [[5th season in the NFL, but a bench-warmer with the Lions),... and #54 Steve Longa, a second year guy. Both line-backers.
    Last edited by Bigdd; October-09-17 at 02:45 PM.

6 protesters.

I guess Richard showed up with every friend he's ever had.

And as usual you are confused as to what end to speak out of.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAcI07SWMw

That's the fucking SUPER BOWL. Are you kidding me? You said every football game has fighter jets patrolling above. Show me the fighter jets above Ford Field on Sunday. Show me. Were there F-16's above Detroit on Sunday? Go ahead and prove me wrong, should be easy to do if you're not totally making shit up.

There is not a football game played in this country anymore that does not have fighter jets and other armed aircraft circling abouve anymore for security.
    I'll open this up to anyone, especially those who went to the game: were there fighter jets above Ford Field or just above Detroit on Sunday? Is there picture or video of a combat air patrol in the skies of Detroit on 10/8/2017? What about for every other NFL game being played that day? How about for the Michigan-MSU game on Saturday?
    Last edited by aj3647; October-10-17 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

I'll open this up to anyone, especially those who went to the game: were there fighter jets above Ford Field or just above Detroit on Sunday? Is there picture or video of a combat air patrol in the skies of Detroit on 10/8/2017? What about for every other NFL game being played that day? How about for the Michigan-MSU game on Saturday?
    Pretty rare to have a flyover above domed stadiums. Would have to be a SuperBowl. Blimps are common. Getting that great shot of the logo on top of the arena, and the city skyline when going to and back from commercials.

The military does about 1,000 flyovers a year,.. at all types of sporting events [[A NASCAR race is probably the most likely to get one).

Based on size of event, etc. The military reviews request for them,.. and if they happen, the money for them comes out of the training budget. The short flight counts for the pilot as a training flight. [[Of little training value obviously). Done as part of their "Outreach" program. Basically letting the taxpayers see and hear jets up close,.. and also to draw recruits.

I've never seen one for a regular season game in a domed stadium.

You're pretty much guaranteed of having one when Air Force plays Army though.
    Last edited by Bigdd; October-10-17 at 11:06 AM.

6 protesters.

One thing, and I think I'm sorry I started this thread.

Some protests are for real. Some are simply media stunts, try to get the media to cover.

So lets use some numbers:

This protest had 6 or 8 or 10 or even a dozen protesters. Doesn't sound like much of a protest to me. If they count hands instead of heads, give them two dozen, tops.

The protest the day after the inauguration had presumably somewhere between 350 - 500K in D.C., millions in the U.S. and around the world.

So one could have been held in a phone booth [[if we can find one) and another had more people than say Washtenaw County [[plus maybe another county, too).
    Last edited by emu steve; October-10-17 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    A friend was there with good seats.

Best he could tell,.. there was no protest of any sort inside the stadium, and two Lions players sat on the bench during the anthem. The rest of the players on both teams stood [[again,.. best he could tell).

My guess is that it's probably the same two guys that knelt a week ago. #44, Jalen Reeves-Maybin [[5th season in the NFL, but a bench-warmer with the Lions),... and #54 Steve Longa, a second year guy. Both line-backers.
    I was in the end zone but I couldn't see anyone on the Lions bench and I was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Pretty rare to have a flyover above domed stadiums. Would have to be a SuperBowl. Blimps are common. Getting that great shot of the logo on top of the arena, and the city skyline when going to and back from commercials.

The military does about 1,000 flyovers a year,.. at all types of sporting events [[A NASCAR race is probably the most likely to get one).

Based on size of event, etc. The military reviews request for them,.. and if they happen, the money for them comes out of the training budget. The short flight counts for the pilot as a training flight. [[Of little training value obviously). Done as part of their "Outreach" program. Basically letting the taxpayers see and hear jets up close,.. and also to draw recruits.

I've never seen one for a regular season game in a domed stadium.

You're pretty much guaranteed of having one when Air Force plays Army though.
    We're not talking flyovers, which are common but not ubiquitous, we're talking actual combat air patrols above NFL games for security. Richard claimed [[both falsely and laughably) that every football game has armed aircraft in the skies above it for "security." He has provided no evidence thus far for his claim, but he has doubled down on it.

6 protesters.

You give me to much credit,and have actually only been to one game in my life,early 70s.Never was into sports,just vintage cars.

We are saving a few thousand a month by not broadcasting them in the clubs,with no loss of business.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    We're not talking flyovers, which are common but not ubiquitous, we're talking actual combat air patrols above NFL games for security. Richard claimed [[both falsely and laughably) that every football game has armed aircraft in the skies above it for "security." He has provided no evidence thus far for his claim, but he has doubled down on it.

You do enjoy talking out of the wrong end,I guess the fighter jet pilots and eye in the sky in the link I provided was false and laughable.

Almost as laughable as you asking for pictures from somebody in the stands for proof,but who knows maybe someone there with a camera that can photograph a tail fin 15,000 up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2