Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

As much as I don't like Trump, this isn't why I created this thread.

I created this thread in hopes of getting thoughts and opinions on what Ben Carson was thinking in his head when he was making some of the statements that he has made since becoming Sec. of HUD.

Considering that he was also raised as a citizen of Detroit as well. I wonder if that his personal life experience makes him feel, that he is qualified to run this department.

Personally, I would disagree that personal life experience would be enough.

With Detroit "Making a Comeback", it is very important what the Department of Housing and Urban Development would have in mind for our city, considering that the mid and downtown are making improvements, while the rest of the city is seeing little to no improvements at all.

My biggest concern will be gentrification at this point. Over time, the prices will go up to the point that the majority of those that are the population, blacks, would be forced out of the city. Hence my greatest concern.

Will the 'Sec. of HUD' decide to form some type of strategy to keep those that have been living in Detroit from being forced out of their homes and apartments?

I hope that this question is something that will keep Ben Carson up at night. I'm sure that the statement that is in the title of this thread won't be the last controversial statement that he will make. However, I'm also sure, that if he would like to keep his job in 2020, that the amount of controversial statements that are diversionary, will be low from now on.

As a Detroiter, Ben Carson should be thinking hard about his decisions and their effects on the city of his birth.
    Last edited by Tig3rzhark; May-30-17 at 11:14 AM.