Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Trump said that Obamacare was created by executive order. He said he will repeal that executive order within his first week of office. Executive orders don't need congressional approval. Do you not get how the American political system works?

What he replaces it with, if he does, I don't know, but he said the US is not going to have a single payer system like Canada and he's getting rid of Obamacare because it's too expensive and replacing it with something a lot cheaper. [[All his words, not mine).

Whether it's political suicide, it doesn't matter. It's not a parliamentary system. He's there for 4 years regardless of whether the majority of Congress agrees with him.

What PROOF do you have that he won't do what he said?

As I recall, he's reducing the gross Corp tax rate in the US from 43% to 21% in the first year, so it will be less than Ontario. He's also decreasing the income tax rates significantly less than Canada's, plus a bunch of other tax cuts. No carbon tax and repealling most of the environmental legislation, which means a lot cheaper energy.

What programs he will sack and how high he will run the debt is irrelevant at this point because he's now elected.
I pride myself on not name-calling. I tend to view it as juvenile and unhelpful, at best.

But there is a point, where I can no longer abide someone speaking as if they understand how to spell their own name, when that clearly is not the case.

Dave, The 'Affordable Care Act' ....[[ie. Obamacare) can not be repealed by Executive Order. It was passed by the House, the Senate and signed by Obama.

Its a law.

It is true, that Trump has many tools at his disposal through Executive Order to gum up the system.

Such as not appealing a court ruling that the reimbursement of insurers for certain policies, was not expressly provided for in the act. [[rough summation).

However, the Law clearly provides that insurers MUST provide such policies to low-income persons. The only way this is viable is via subsidy. In the absence of said subsidy you might bankrupt the insurers.

Good plan!

[[facepalm).

You have no real understanding of the issues; and this discussion, should it continue would degenerate into me making a complete fool out of you; save and except for the fact you do that the moment you open your mouth w/o my help.

I will spare you the embarrassment, and myself the waste of breath by ignoring you hence forth.