Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
It is certainly possible. I'd be inclined to think the area to the northwest of there between I-75 and the Lodge is better-positioned than the part of Milwaukee Junction on the east side of 75, but a lot depends on what sort of buildings the market ends up favoring.
Where exactly do you mean? Techtown/New Center area? All the land there is bought up and probably reserved for big institutional-led developments [[i.e. Wayne State, Henry Ford Hospital). The east side of Woodward is much cheaper, with plenty of vacant buildings to rehab. I can imagine most of those buildings being rehabbed and the area becoming trendy like other parts of Midtown. Trow in a bit of new construction, new landscaping and streetscaping and you won't be able recognize the area anymore. Remember it's only steps away from the M1 rail, and really stands to benefit from this proximity -- the only other severely underdeveloped areas along the rail route are Brush Park and the future Stadium site, although not for long.