#1. I am tired of illiterate buffoons who argue that the City of Detroit has "no money". The City of Detroit has a general fund budget of $3.1 billion, which is currently running a deficit estimated at $300 million. This leaves us with $2.8 billion in cash with which to run the City.

#2. There is a huge difference between having $2.8 billion and having "no money". The difference, of course, is $2.8 billion. If you would like to see what it's like to run a city government with no money then convince Mayor Cockrel to give the taxpayers back our $2.8 billion.

#3. I posted a few ideas above where the City of Detroit could save millions of dollars. That took me less than an hour and was done using nothing more than information that is readily available on the City of Detroit's web site. If I had better information and it was my job, I could probably come up with even more.

#4. I am quite familiar with James Barren and his resume. I read it the day he was appointed to his current post. I've also met him at community forums. None of those things convince me to change my opinion him.

#5. James Barren isn't qualified to run the donut shop next door to a police station. It's not about his resume. He simply does not have the leadership skills required to effectively take command of a complex situation.

#6. If he had what it takes to be an effective commander then he would have been the one digging through the City of Detroit's budget to find the resources that he needs to accomplish his mission. He did not do that. Therefore, no matter what his resume says or what subordinate officers say about him, he isn't qualified to do the job.