Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    In other words, whoever you're talking about has no concept of reality. Almost every statement in that quote is flawed.
    Oh I'm sure you're right, because he's widely recognized as one of the top traffic engineering consultants in the world, and you're an anonymous poster who's glad he doesn't live around here, doesn't like roundabouts, and notes his potential to go "postal."

Welcome to my ignore list!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Scott View Post
    Oh I'm sure you're right, because he's widely recognized as one of the top traffic engineering consultants in the world.
    Ask what his "engineering" background is.

www.walkable.org/assets/downloads/dan_cv.pdf

I personally don't think taking pictures in foreign countries takes the place of an engineering degree.

The guy's got a lot of great ideas, but he's also good at dreamin' up stuff that isn't feasible.

Actually as I drove up Scotten last night and passed Vernor I actually could see that indeed that intersections ARE big enough for a small roundabout, although it does look like it is *just* enough room with nothing to spare. The Clark intersection is roughly the same but with a bit more room.

Of course like all good ideas in Detroit, there's probably no money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaho View Post
    Of course like all good ideas in Detroit, there's probably no money for it.
    I think the money can be found. Because roundabouts can serve to improve a road design and safety, you can tap into some different funding sources. And, I believe the Clark/Vernor intersection is within the Business Improvement District [[BID).