Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

This "plan" is patently absurd. It's based on studies that are more than 15 years old. Since then, we've seen a tripling in fuel prices and reductions in vehicle-miles of driving. The only thing that highway widening achieves is long-term increases in congestion, and fattened wallets of highway contractors.

No money for public transit, but billions available for outdated and unnecessary freeway widenings? Bien sur!

Propose renaming MDOT to the Michigan Department of Nostalgia.

I'm really gonna miss those left-hand exits and merges.

The those nuts from MDOT want to expand I-94 and I-75 by moving away the low grade mound, put a concrete wall, add 2 new roads and let folks drive through this wall [[ not letting anyone to see the beauty of the Detroit ghettohoods) into the suburbs and out to Detroit. What fools they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    This "plan" is patently absurd. It's based on studies that are more than 15 years old. Since then, we've seen a tripling in fuel prices and reductions in vehicle-miles of driving. The only thing that highway widening achieves is long-term increases in congestion, and fattened wallets of highway contractors.

No money for public transit, but billions available for outdated and unnecessary freeway widenings? Bien sur!

Propose renaming MDOT to the Michigan Department of Nostalgia.

Could not agree more. Detroit's reluctance to move into the modern age will be it's undoing. Insane.

There's no way Detroit will ever compete with other modern cities for the brightest talent if we don't have modern shit! A commitment to modern transportation, light rail would be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by deep6six View Post
    Could not agree more. Detroit's reluctance to move into the modern age will be it's undoing. Insane.

There's no way Detroit will ever compete with other modern cities for the brightest talent if we don't have modern shit! A commitment to modern transportation, light rail would be a game changer.

I would also want to make sure some of the fabrication and assembly jobs are in Michigan since so much needs to be built...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I would also want to make sure some of the fabrication and assembly jobs are in Michigan since so much needs to be built...
    Warning Will Robinson! Protectionist thinking harms everyone. Danger.

The jobs should be where the taxpayers get the most benefit.

It is NEVER a good idea to specify local procurement. Its always a good idea forindividuals to buy locally. Its always bad for governments.

Danger.