Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Yes, I turned the game off. Our first team against their first team was not pretty at all. I saw too much of last year in that game and I couldn't take it. I know that playing the NFC East and the AFC North along with our own division is going to be rough in term of making the playoffs
    Well I saw the Lions Pats game and we actually looked damn good. How and if it'll translate into the real season remains to be seen. Clowned Brady a few times too. They say the third game is the most important in pre-season- but hell if I know. This team teases us and then drops a turd. Meh. It's pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Well I saw the Lions Pats game and we actually looked damn good. How and if it'll translate into the real season remains to be seen. Clowned Brady a few times too. They say the third game is the most important in pre-season- but hell if I know. This team teases us and then drops a turd. Meh. It's pre-season.
    Actually I think the D-line will be real strong this year, especially against the run. Against the pass not so much. I also think the Leo's pass coverage especially man-to-man press coverage leaves lots to be desired. We are seeing the same problems with on field discipline. I am not convinced that our tight end isn't going to stop dropping easy passes. I read where the Lions are picked last in the division not making the playoffs. Of course I am hoping that's not true but I am not sold on Schwartz being the coach to move the Lions to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Actually I think the D-line will be real strong this year, especially against the run. Against the pass not so much. I also think the Leo's pass coverage especially man-to-man press coverage leaves lots to be desired. We are seeing the same problems with on field discipline. I am not convinced that our tight end isn't going to stop dropping easy passes. I read where the Lions are picked last in the division not making the playoffs. Of course I am hoping that's not true but I am not sold on Schwartz being the coach to move the Lions to the playoffs

Our defensive front four plus depth was enough to unseat a fourth round draft pick in Ronnell Lewis. For whatever reason our team suddenly has more depth than what we could've ever hoped for and dare I say it's a bit of an upgrade from VandenBosch and Avril as a whole? They look on paper as though they're going to be able to rotate in fresher and younger bodies in this year.

But like last year we're going to have to lean on this bunch to make things happen. If they can't hurry the passer or press him, that secondary is going to get exposed again. Yes i think we improved with getting Quin, but the rest of them are still very raw and unproven.

I'm not even so sure about our linebacking corps either. If the other team's offensive line can create a seam for their runner to break through the front four, it's going to be work for Tulloch, Levy and presumably Palmer to stop them. We've got serviceable linebackers not playmakers. It's hard to see any of this trio getting to their QB or the other teams backfield to being a force the likes of a Ray Lewis [[and yes I know I set the bar high).

Remember years ago when it was Matt Stafford's rookie year- the draft that landed him here? Remember the hullabaloo from some folks to take Aaron Curry first over all? Well I just caught wind that he retired from the NFL. He took a buttload of guaranteed money and is sailing off into the sunset after getting cut from the Giants. The Raiders took him early on, shipped him off to Seattle and he couldn't make the cut with the Giants.

Twenty seven freakin' years old too.

Did the Lions actually dodge a bullet here by not taking this guy first over all or what? It wouldn't have befuddled us one bit but it's nice to see we're not the only dumbasses in the NFL.

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!

No more of this pre-season stuff now. Let's cut to the real meat and potatoes here. Let's see who lingers around, who goes on the Practice Squad- and while we're at it- let's get the season predictions going. C'mon smoggy- you've been chartered to get the flow chart cooking now. We've seen enough of these guys clawing & scrapping- now it means something.