Detroit needs an influx of 300,000 people middle to upper class to live in Dowtown, Midtown, Woodbridge, Eastern Market, Rivertown, and Corktown. Basically "Inside the Boulevard" [[that is my term that I have coined and it will be used in the next 20-30 years...lol. Anyway, come look at northern Virginia just outside DC. There are apt high rise buildings up and down Wilson Blvd in Ballston, Clerendon, Virginia Park, and Court House. Rossylyn is more office and it is dead after 6 pm and people. However, the other areas I just mentioned are bustling with people walking, biking, eating out, and just living. This is what Detroit needs. It needs to be more residential with commerical disperesed throughout. I would love to see Detroit make use of its Grand Boulevards. Besides Washington DC, Detroit is the only other city that has huge boulevards radiating from Downtown. This could be such a positive attribute. For example, if there was an ordinance passed for architecture, you could have 6 to 7 story apt. or condo buidlings up and down side by side on each of these Boulevards with one type of architecture. For example, Gration Blvd could be Gothic, Jefferson could be Beaux Arts, Woodward Mix, Grand River could be Queen Anne/Victorian.. Just my thought