Been meaning to do this for the haters that say "everything going on is just Dan Gilbert related, no one else is investing in the city."
If I missed something, let me know and I'll add it.
- Security Trust Lofts (already leasing): http://securitytrustlofts.com/, http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/secur...owleasing.aspx
- Whole Foods Midtown (opening in a few weeks): http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/whole...settoopen.aspx
- Pontchartrain Hotel/Crowne Plaza (set to open in a few weeks): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...estaurants.php
- Claridge Building Apartments (already leasing): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...apartments.php
- Griswold Building Apartments (renovations to begin): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...apartments.php
- Farwell Building (I believe they're on environmental now): http://stonesdetroit.com/path-clear-...-capitol-park/
- United Way Building: see above re Farwell
- Capitol Park Building: see above re Farwell
- David Whitney Building (under construction, July 2014 completion): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2970968.html
- Ashley Apartments/Old Milner Hotel (under construction): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...conversion.php
- Livernois "Avenue of Fashion" (just received huge grant): http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...lion-face-lift
- Woodward Gardens (under construction): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...rd-gardens.php
- Charlotte Apartments (under construction): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-61m-remod.php
- Public Safety HQ (under construction/complete?): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...take-shape.php
- New Red Wings Arena/Arena District (funding approved, in planning stages): http://www.mlive.com/business/detroi...red_wings.html
- Grand Army of the Republic Building (under construction): http://gardetroit.org/
- COBO Hall (under construction): http://www.cobocenter.com/about_us/renovation_update
- Palmer Park (under construction): http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/s...ark051512.aspx
- New Center Apartment Buildings (under construction): http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/n...hab011513.aspx
- Willys Lofts Expansion (under construction): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2346161.html
- Stone Pool Park Building (received council approval): http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-pool-park.php
That's all I can think of now, off the top of my head. And these are just non-Gilbert things in progress, which doesn't include substantial projects that have been completed recently, like all the cool stuff that's going on in Palmer Park, Old Redford, Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe and the Broderick Tower.
Add in the tons of smaller, but not less significant projects around the city and the Gilbert/Bedrock projects, and you have a bit of a boom in parts of the city.