Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
Buckhead is extremely sprawly even though it sits within Atlanta city limits. It basically looks like a cross between Southfield and Bloomfield Hills [[the highrise suburban office parks of Southfield with the estates of Bloomfield).
It's not what I would call 'Sprawly' at all. Perimeter yes, Buckhead, definitely not. Buckhead is generic and trendy amongst the wealthier set, and sits about 6 miles north of the midtown / downtown area, in the city limits of Atlanta. Atlanta proper is very small. What people call Atlanta.. is fairly big.

Atlanta is a poor choice as it's roads are maxed out. Buckhead is an even worse choice as commuting in and out of there is a nightmare. Trust me when I say that for the average employee who transfers down with this relocation, this will be a major inconvenience. Most will not be able to afford to live within 10 miles of Buckhead, which means an hour+ commute due to traffic. Thankfully they are not coming to perimeter.. another 'buisness' area who's roads are also maxed out. It can take me 30 to 45 minutes to get on the freeway, who's exit is 2/10ths of a mile from my office. Fun times.