Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
Absolutely grim -- another murder of a teen yesterday, only 18, 4.0 GPA, full four-year scholarship student of Ferris State, visiting home for holidays, robbed and killed next to his brother on the cities west side. Shot twice even after he and his brother said they had nothing to give the robbers... beyond sad.

From article:

...His mother boasts of her son's 4.0 GPA all through high school. He had a full, four year scholarship to Ferris State where he planned to study corporate law -- a bright, young mind with the world at his feet.

"That was the worse thing I ever [did] in my life, to identify my baby on the screen," Brown said. "They killed both of my sons. They took one life and messed the other one's mind up. He had to witness his brother's death. It don't get [any] worse than that."

True's baby brother said there was something that will make the shooter easy to find.

"He had a tattoo... on the corner of his right eye."

True's mother is planning a candlelight vigil on Joy and Stahelin Saturday night at 6:45. She wants the entire community to show up and support her son.

True Whitsey was mentored by Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh. He released a statement Friday saying, "He was a well mannered young man with goals. I am heartbroken, and it makes me want to double my efforts to save our city by helping not just those who are college bound... but to catch those in enough time to stop them from being prison bound."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20508058/detroit-college-student-18-fatally-shot-in-front-of-his-brother
Stop cutting public safety. Charles Pugh had not spoken out on the rise on crime in the city. The Mayor keep saying that putting a cop in every household does not deter the crime. He is in denial in believing that most of the crime happens on the street. This poor college student didn't know his attacker. The married couple did not the the assailant who had raped the wife in front of the stroke-strcken husband. The woman shoveling the snow in front of her house probably didn't know her rapist. The Mayor has to stop making these stupid statements saying that people have to stop settling their disagreements with guns. Most of the crime is done to those such as the pizza delivery person and cab drivers who don't know there attackers. Pugh and Bing does not want to admit to this openly