Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
If you would read before bloviating, you would see that I was responding to Zacha's comment about older houses in Farmington.
Bloviating? I thought I was pointing out that mav considers himself a "big city" kind of person. I don't think that means that just because you have some old homes and a few yoga studios and coffee shops [[and the usual wicker and bead stores) that it's a "big city." Or maybe that's a big city down where you are, Pops.

Anyway, you know I'm just tweaking your nose, right? Apparently not because you happily burble on about how desirable Rochester is, even though the person said they wanted a big city.

Now, to people who want walkability and bikability, as well as density, even I have to admit that Rochester is totally desirable -- for about 10 square blocks. After that it is a fairly standard upscale suburban environment of curvilinear streets, large homes, cul de sacs and big box stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
Culture? There is a state university [[Oakland) plus two small colleges in Rochester/Rochester Hills and the Meadowbrook Theater is there with an extensive bill of offerings each year.
Oh, yeah. Try biking there.