Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

So, according to the DOJ:

The president can order the assassination of American citizens without judicial review, as long as he deems them very bad
    The CIA can torture people, as long as they are very bad people
    The NSA can wiretap and track anyone they want to, accidentally, as long as they promise not to use the info they acquire
    The ATF can sell firearms to drug smugglers without any congressional oversight
    The president can call in airstrikes to kill people in foreign countries as much as he likes without asking congress for permission

But access census information? Now that's WAY out of line! I'm sure such a thing has *never* happened.
    Last edited by JBMcB; July-27-12 at 02:37 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    So, according to the DOJ:

The president can order the assassination of American citizens without judicial review, as long as he deems them very bad
    The CIA can torture people, as long as they are very bad people
    The NSA can wiretap and track anyone they want to, accidentally, as long as they promise not to use the info they acquire
    The ATF can sell firearms to drug smugglers without any congressional oversight
    The president can call in airstrikes to kill people in foreign countries as much as he likes without asking congress for permission

But access census information? Now that's WAY out of line! I'm sure such a thing has *never* happened.
    Haha. Yup, good points all!

I subcontracted under FEMA in New Orleans after Katrina,the home owners that wanted to receive blue tarping on their roofs had to sign a release form first.

The fine print on the bottom of the release form read.

By signing this release you are hereby authorizing representatives of FEMA,Army corps of engineers,or any of their government representatives access to your property on the date signed and any future date as deemed necessary without prior notice.

I wonder where those files are stored now.