Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
I think it's safe to assume that the vast majority of Metro Detroiter's will never enter the DIA during their lifetime.
How is that at all "safe to assume"? Do you have anything to support that besides your narrow world view? As I've said in the past, my father is as blue-collar as they come and we went there because he thought it would do us some good. Turns out, it did.

Public schools take kids there on field trips so even if the parents don't see fit to go there many kids still get exposed to it, provided it stays open.

Now, even if they normally wouldn't enter the DIA if the millage passes it will be free admission and free field trips. The struggling families can go anytime and it will be totally free.
Also, the millage is based on property values and the $15 figure is if your house is worth $150,000. So if you really are struggling [[or if you’re a renter, which many struggling families are, you don’t pay the millage) chances are your house isn’t worth that kind of money [[I know mine isn’t) so you’re likely going to be paying well under ten dollars per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
I will be voting against this next month.
Boy, that's something you can feel good about. Thanks for voting against our art museum, champ.