Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
Davey, Yeah Lee's surplus on Gratiot. I used to go in there a lot to buy surplus electronic parts, radio receivers, and other neat stuff. My next door neighbor went by the first name of Tim. Blondish guy with scraggly beard, kinda heavy set in his 30's. They were selling and installing bootleg cable boxes, fake blocking filters, and other contriband. Rick Sr. was slimy to say the least.

I remember when Rick Jr. was in there several times digging in piles of stuff. Me and Neighbor lived on Hickory street between Manning and Pinewood. I beleive the old man was selling various gun parts to convert semi-auto assualt rifles to full auto. There wasn't much the old man wasn't into.
This guy Tim doesn't sound familiar. I'll ask Rick about him. The name doesn't ring a bell with me. An extended family from Yugoslavia moved in next door to Rick in the 1970s. Maybe that was his family?

Yup.. Ricky's dad was into some lowdown stuff. The last time I talked to Sr was about 6 years ago. Rick doesn't talk to him and I don't blame him for that. Senior was a licensed gun dealer for many years so yeah.. he dealt guns, etc for a long time. Rick and I use to shoot .22s in his grandma's basement [[target shooting) when we were kids. Sr also use to take us to shooting ranges often. We loved it.
You're right... Sr was involved in many business from skatboards to leather goods to electronics to guns, etc.