Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
DetroitPlanner, Chrysler Elementary is genuinely a good school, and Cass Tech is also good. idk what people there do for middle school but at the very least there are some charter schools around.

A kid growing up in Lafayette Park going to DPS would have a better education than most people in the region, which is especially impressive if you compare how affordable Lafayette Park is compared to places in the region with similar quality schools.

I think between the quality of the neighborhood, the architecture and the location, Lafayette Park is going to appeal to a lot of the affluent young people who are living in midtown or downtown now, or have yet to move to Detroit, so if the greater downtown area continues improving, I'm guessing Lafayette Park is going to get a lot more expensive, and would be a good investment.
Jason, I agree. Also check out my area -- the East Riverfront and the Villages. There is a lot of building going on, including two new high schools [[DPS King High School, and a new charter science & tech academy).