Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I'm not talking about the religious right, and I'm not talking about anybody rewriting history. I'm talking about Danny specifically and what he believes [[or what any other Christian believes).

Who are you to demand that Danny prove anything to you? If you want the world in general to respect your right to be an atheist, why do you not show that same respect to someone who wants to believe in God?

Further, who decided that you are the one that can "allow" or not allow what someone believes? The audacity is overwhelming.

We're not talking about separation of church and state here, we're talking about an individual's right to believe in God without you swooping in like the belief police, demanding that they justify their beliefs. All while you concurrently demand that they respect your right to not believe in God. It's nothing but hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Respect has nothing to do with allowing people to perpetuate beliefs as facts. Are we supposed to allow the religious right to rewrite our history and science too without confronting them?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-21-11 at 04:53 AM.