Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Time to invest in Kraft Foods stock [[makers of Kool-Aid).

Oh no, not again. This is getting expensive and time consuming - walking off the job, traveling around the country all the routine stuff I've had to do each and every time to prepare for the end of the world. Until now, I was pretty much convinced the world had ended last November on election day.

I thought the drill was to run for the mountains when the END was predicted.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=42&ty=37
    Last edited by maxx; March-28-11 at 11:42 AM.

Vox Guest

I would just say that the date above is set for the rapture, if I am not mistaken. End of the world will come later. I have a feeling that a whole lot of dissapointed people will be waking up on the 22nd.

May 21st is supposed to be Judgment Day and it's all very scientifikally figerred out.

http://www.breakingnewsonline.net/fe...y-21-2011.html

The suspense is killing me.

Does the longterm forecast mention lots of clouds and stars falling from the sky on May 21?

Oh, sinner man! Where ya gonna run to?

Those who don't know history are condemned to repeat it. Or words to that effect.

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053...ow-soon-enough

I should be ok. I still have all my Y2K supplies.

We've been through all this many times. When you've been through it a time or two, it starts to look a bit repetitious.

Merry Minuet
    by Sheldon Harnick, made popular by the Kingston Trio, 1958
    They’re rioting in Africa, they’re starving in Spain,
    There’s hurricanes in Florida, and Texas needs rain This whole world is festering with unhappy souls
    The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
    Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
    And I don’t like anybody very much

But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
    For Man’s been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
    And we can be certain that some lovely day
    Someone will set the spark off…and we will all be blown away

They’re rioting in Africa, There’s strife in Iran
    What Nature doesn’t do to us will be done by our Fellow Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhaDtSBmIrI

And again in 1965, Eve of Destruction, by PF Sloan, sung by Barry MacGuire
    The eastern world it is explodin',

violence flarin', bullets loadin',
    you're old enough to kill but not for votin',
    you don't believe in war, what's that gun you're totin',
    and even the Jordan river has bodies floatin',
    but you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
    ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

Don't you understand, what I'm trying to say?
    Can't you see the fears that I'm feeling today?
    If the button is pushed, there's no running away,
    There'll be no one to save with the world in a grave,
    take a look around you, boy, it's bound to scare you, boy,
    and you tell me over and over and over again my friend,

Yeah, my blood's so mad, feels like coagulatin',
    I'm sittin' here, just contemplatin',
    I can't twist the truth, it knows no regulation,
    handful of Senators don't pass legislation,
    and marches alone can't bring integration,
    when human respect is disintegratin',
    this whole crazy world is just too frustratin',
    and you tell me over and over and over again my friend,

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
    Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama!
    Ah, you may leave here, for four days in space,
    but when you return, it's the same old place,
    the poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace,
    you can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace,
    hate your next-door-neighbour, but don't forget to say grace,
    and you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend,
    you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.
    no no you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akoukq5DvAE

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    Jesus SEZ.... No man knows the day, time and hour for the end to come.
    Prove that Jesus said that. You can't. You just believe that he said that. Belief, fact. Learn the difference.

Maxx, you stated the following in a different thread [Countering Prejudice to Atheism]: "I don't care what anyone believes in as long as those beliefs don't affect my life." Interestingly enough, I don't see this type of live and let live attitude exemplified in how you react to Danny's views.

How about if you show religious people respect and let them have their views [[since their views "don't affect [your] life") before you demand that people respect your views? You can't have it both ways.

a TV satellite dish installer
    A TV satellite dish installer?
    THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Maxx, you stated the following in a different thread [Countering Prejudice to Atheism]: "I don't care what anyone believes in as long as those beliefs don't affect my life." Interestingly enough, I don't see this type of live and let live attitude exemplified in how you react to Danny's views.

How about if you show religious people respect and let them have their views [[since their views "don't affect [your] life") before you demand that people respect your views? You can't have it both ways.
    Respect has nothing to do with allowing people to perpetuate beliefs as facts. Are we supposed to allow the religious right to rewrite our history and science too without confronting them?

I'm not talking about the religious right, and I'm not talking about anybody rewriting history. I'm talking about Danny specifically and what he believes [[or what any other Christian believes).

Who are you to demand that Danny prove anything to you? If you want the world in general to respect your right to be an atheist, why do you not show that same respect to someone who wants to believe in God?

Further, who decided that you are the one that can "allow" or not allow what someone believes? The audacity is overwhelming.

We're not talking about separation of church and state here, we're talking about an individual's right to believe in God without you swooping in like the belief police, demanding that they justify their beliefs. All while you concurrently demand that they respect your right to not believe in God. It's nothing but hypocrisy.

When Danny says "Jesus said so and so", he doesn't qualify it in any way. And he can't prove that Jesus said any of the stuff he is quoted in the Bible to have said. Religious people have claimed the moral high ground for too long while proclaiming all sorts of stuff that cannot be verified or that just isn't true. The least religious people can do is say that they believe Jesus said so and so. It shows that they understand the difference between belief and fact. Of course, few religions like people to do this because it suggests there is room for doubt. And they like to demonize all doubters.

Only two more shopping days until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91fYd0l7Tc

Two Day Warning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Jesus sez.... No man knows the day, time and hour for the world to end, but my father, who is in heaven, knows.

Jesus also told his followers [[Mark 13):
    26 “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
    28 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 29 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it[d] is near, right at the door. 30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

If this was meant to NOT be taken literally, he would surely not have used "this generation."

Atheists offer to rescue Christians’ pets after judgment day

Well what do you know? Common ground found over something as basic as the love of animals.

At least maybe the Hartmann posts will stop.

End of the world party. Go out debauching, drinking and flaming. GroovScool LIVE at Skipper's Hamtown Bar at 9PM saturday. WWW.SKIPPERSHAMTOWN.COM.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    When Danny says "Jesus said so and so", he doesn't qualify it in any way. And he can't prove that Jesus said any of the stuff he is quoted in the Bible to have said. Religious people have claimed the moral high ground for too long while proclaiming all sorts of stuff that cannot be verified or that just isn't true. The least religious people can do is say that they believe Jesus said so and so. It shows that they understand the difference between belief and fact. Of course, few religions like people to do this because it suggests there is room for doubt. And they like to demonize all doubters.

Only two more shopping days until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91fYd0l7Tc

..and no religion does this more than xianity. Personally, I'm hoping that the Rapture does come on Saturday. I'd enjoy some time free of xians and their ways.

If the world don't end on May 21st. Then I'll wait until the Mayan Prophesy to come true. After the 13th Bak'tun then the Earth will cleanse itself and new beginnings of new life for most species will begin.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

For the world to end will be the sound of the trumpet, the coming the beast, the coming the Messiah, the raising of the dead in Christ from their graves, the sending of New Jerusalem, the Rapture, the eclipse of the sun, the moon blood red, war, famine, plague and death, the Earth set on fire, the righteous protected in New Jerusalem, the 1000 year tribulation, the beast imprisioned in the pit later be freed, the gathering of the Beasts' angels and its unholy people, the gathering of the Messiah/his angels and righteous from New Jerusalem. The Great white throne of Judgement the unrighteous along with the Beast and his angels will cast into the Lake of Fire, a new heaven and earth will rise out of the old where there be no pain, no suffering, no force of evil.

Neda, I miss you so.

The world will NOT end until the Detroit Lions win a Super Bowl......so I think were good!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast