Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

They really should have never built Rosa Parks in that odd, out-of-the way location.

It should be on Campus Martius, in the heart of the city, but I think city fathers wanted to remove the poor folks.

Now the city is forced to have non-aligned bus and rail service, or rail passengers will have to make a wacky, inconvenient downtown detour that will likely impact potential ridership.

So it's basically screw the bus riders or screw the potential rail riders. I'm guessing bus riders [[as usual) lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    They really should have never built Rosa Parks in that odd, out-of-the way location.

It should be on Campus Martius, in the heart of the city, but I think city fathers wanted to remove the poor folks.

Now the city is forced to have non-aligned bus and rail service, or rail passengers will have to make a wacky, inconvenient downtown detour that will likely impact potential ridership.

So it's basically screw the bus riders or screw the potential rail riders. I'm guessing bus riders [[as usual) lose.
    It's a block away, not really that big of a deal. They could build a tunnel to the bus station from where ever the put the nearest stop along Woodward.

An eventual Michigan Avenue or Grand River line can service the station directly.

Default More taxpayer money down the shitter

What a joke.
    No doubt that with each delay, millions of dollars are being wasted.

I had told everyone that this was going to happen but bloggers had thought that I was a naysayer. Another roadblock. Everyone was soooo excited about the upcoming promising light raill Ask yourselves; why is Detroit is the only major city that cant get light rail off the ground? Is it because of the oil companies and gas station owners have the city leaders in their back pockets? I would not be surprise if the who plan is squashed. Detroit never cared about it's transit riders throughout the years. The Rosa Parks Transit Center will became a regional center for the merging DDOT and Smart. That probably will be the only mass transit Michiganders will see in the next 10 years, Wake up those of you who are over 40 and read the history books on mass transit planning in Detroit. HELLO SOMEONE

All NYC subway lines use that type of turnaround
    I'm quite sure that some of the lines have turnaround loops. The Number 5 has one at Bowling Green at hours when it doesn't leave Manhattan. There is a turnaround for the number 6 at City Hall. I really doubt there aren't any others.

On lines where they actuallly don't have any turnaround loops, it is much more likely they use an H arrangement. I don't know how well you can run LRV's with an H, but it might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I'm quite sure that some of the lines have turnaround loops. The Number 5 has one at Bowling Green at hours when it doesn't leave Manhattan. There is a turnaround for the number 6 at City Hall. I really doubt there aren't any others.

On lines where they actuallly don't have any turnaround loops, it is much more likely they use an H arrangement. I don't know how well you can run LRV's with an H, but it might be possible.
    The 5 only terminates at Bowling Green when they are doing construction. It uses a switch to transfer between uptown and downtown tracks. And the 6 uses an out of service train station for the turnaround. That is probably the only legitimate turnaround in the city.

And yeah, you're right, NYC does use the H arrangement. That's what I envisioned Detroit using for the Woodward line.