Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
Serious question:

What else is he suppose to do?

You have a smoldering population left in Detroit. Surely there has to be some drop in demand for schools to be filled. Not to mention DPS is not that great. I'm not sure, but hopefully they are keeping the best of whats left...

Just throwing this out there but I think Detroiters need to learn to roll over a bit. I know you all have been on the other end of the fan when the shit is thrown at it but your system[[s) is/are broke. Time to take it on the chin for a bit [[rather a little bit longer) becuase what you have/had is simply not working. Blame the population numbers on whatever flight du jour, but when it comes down to it, Detroit has been lacking effecient infrastructure and even moreso, an effecient leader that it can elect to legitamitely tighten the ropes without so much pushback from everyone. Hell, yet again, the current mayor and council can't get along thus creating stalemates and percieved "dictatorships" because the true leaders end up looking like bullys when attempting to make the drastic change nescesary.
adamjab19, you were quite critical in your post. You stated that Detroiters need to learn to roll over a bit. Are you suggesting that Detroiters never had to roll over before? As a Detroiter,I would love to hear your answer to how someone like me should learn how to roll over. Frankly, I think it is all hyperbole but I will give you the chance to prove me wrong.

Now, back to your post, what is Robert Bobb suppose to do? Answer: exactly what has been doing. For two years, Bobb has given pie in the sky ideas and surprise none have worked out.

I know that he has to close schools. The Census confirmed that but to sell the idea that replacing public schools with charters is a good thing is funny as hell. The schools are failing because of low enrollment so a sponsor is going to come in, turn the school into a charter and presto, the school is a success. Give me some of that Kool-Aid.