Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
Parse away, 'nerd, you have no idea who I am or what I mean. You're the one who just rhapsodized about 'Sam the neighborhood cop' and the good old days a half century ago, and now you're telling us how the cops were rotten in the 40's and 60's. Make up your mind. Seems like you just want to stir the pot, as you usually do,.
Haha. Hardly. The story of Sam the Cop is a favorite anecdote of a trusted old pal who grew up on the near west side in the 1950s, although it may have had a lot to do with the fact that that was a white neighborhood. And you'll note I'm making an effort to distinguish between good police work and bad police work. The worst of it was when police were cracking down on the "era of civil unrest" their tough-guy tactics often helped foment.

I take it that, since we are trying to have a serious discussion about police tactics, that after advocating the irresponsible use of force that typifies poor police work, you are going to take your marbles and go away, accusing those who disagree with you of "stirring the pot." Nice deflection. See ya round, jcole.