the auto show would be a joke if it were at "rock showplace" in Novi, mi.

i mean, come on. why would a major international auto show be hosted in Novi of all places, or Oakland county in general for that matter. Can you imagine? Consider:

Think about press and visitors coming to such a place. It will be the entire region that would be laughing stock of the world, not just Detroit.

Not only is there no transit connection to the airport, there is not tranist what so ever!

The walkability to get to nearby hotels is akin to taking a long hike.

New hotel would probably have to be built that would only be occupied once a year.

So I just think a suburban convention center is out of the question. It is Detroit or another major city such as Chicago. We need an expanded convention center at Cobo. And a rail connection from Downtown to the airport is very important, could be make or break for bringing major conventions here.

And rename Cobo, because Mayor Cobo was one of the worst mayors EVER. Right on up there with Kilpatrick. I say, name it Hazen S. Pingree Convention Center [[Pingree Center for short), after THE IDOL OF THE PEOPLE. But that is just me. After all, the name is irrelvant if it's never exanded. And Cobo and and the Downtown district will be crippled without it.

Detroit blows Novi out of the water with hotels, unique restauraunts, history, culture, and urbanity. It is dynamic and diverse. Novi is boring, sterile and homogenous. It could be Novi, IL or Novi, IN, or Novi, OH, or Novi, NY and no one would even know the difference. It looks just like any other suburb built at the same time [[1980s-present). Detroit is one of a kind, and nothing really compares.