Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    I still think that Karmanos is neither. Ethics aside, like Kwame's mom, he is smart enough to stay insulated from the "open" corruption.

Of course this is all conjecture, but had CCK survived this last primary, I think Karmanos would have had a windfall. This is how Karmanos has operated with politicians. He had a tight relationship with Archer, who I think is still on Compuware's BOD.

If I recall, CCK was on the Appropriations Committee and Compuware was or still is competing for a billion dollar federal contract for medical software. He put all of his chips in on her son early, and felt he had to continue to play that hand out.

I'm with kenp in believing that Kwame was never actually reelected.
    I guess to further the point, an argument could be made that the reason Karmanos stood by Kwame [["loaned" him $250k and gave him a job) is that he either:

1) Naively believed Kwame to be a good stand up guy who was a victim in all of this, and was deserving of a break.

2) Did it as you seem to speculate, in return for political favors from Kwame or the Kilpatrick inner circle. Some might characterize this active participation in a political "quid pro quo" as being some level of corruption. But I guess that's life in the big city, and big business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiveturkey View Post
    I hope they dont try and play the race card in this fiasco!!!!!!!
    They may, but many who fell for it aren't buying it this time. White people had NOTHING to do with how grandly the Kilpatricks screwed things up. Neither did black people or any other kind of people. Corruption knows no color.

Idle musings on this latest indictment which is clearly a racially and politically motivated persecution of a family that is being unfairly hounded in the extreme [[just kidding):
    • Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Kilpatrick put the elbow on Walbridge Aldinger [["Company W"). This was pretty dumb. Walbridge plays in the big leagues nationally. They make enough money legally and are smart enough to avoid engaging in corruption on federal contracts. They were more than happy to cooperate when the FBI showed up. BTW, Walbridge sued DWSD regarding the Oakwood Pump Station contract. Not sure of the outcome.

• Would like to know who was the DEGC official who refused to let Mr. Ferguson in on the Tiger Stadium demolition contract? And who was the high level administration official who demanded the DEGC official's resignation? Very interesting. The DEGC showed no integrity in cancelling the Tiger Stadium Conservancy proposed project. They redeemed themselves in a small way by standing up to the ex-mayor on the demolition contract.

• Bernard Kilpatrick's greed/stupidity was so overwhelming that he was still putting the squeeze on Karl Kado when it was obvious to a ten year old that the FBI was listening to everything. In September 2005, Mr. Kado learned that he was the target of an FBI investigation and informed Bernard Kilpatrick of that fact. The existence of the investigation into Detroit corruption became common public knowledge and a frequent media subject in 2006-07. In January 2008 the text messaging scandal erupted shining an enormous spotlight on the ex-mayor and all kinds of dubious conduct of his inner circle including his father. Yet in March 2008, Bernard Kilpatrick meets Mr. Kado at a restaurant and solicits more kickbacks in a conversation that the indictment makes clear was picked up on a wire.

"Would like to know who was the DEGC official who refused to let Mr. Ferguson in on the Tiger Stadium demolition contract? And who was the high level administration official who demanded the DEGC official's resignation? Very interesting. The DEGC showed no integrity in cancelling the Tiger Stadium Conservancy proposed project. They redeemed themselves in a small way by standing up to the ex-mayor on the demolition contract."

Cynics might point out that DEGC already had "favorites" in the demolition business but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Idle musings on this latest indictment which is clearly a racially and politically motivated persecution of a family that is being unfairly hounded in the extreme [[just kidding):
    • Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Kilpatrick put the elbow on Walbridge Aldinger [["Company W"). This was pretty dumb. Walbridge plays in the big leagues nationally. They make enough money legally and are smart enough to avoid engaging in corruption on federal contracts. They were more than happy to cooperate when the FBI showed up. BTW, Walbridge sued DWSD regarding the Oakwood Pump Station contract. Not sure of the outcome.

• Would like to know who was the DEGC official who refused to let Mr. Ferguson in on the Tiger Stadium demolition contract? And who was the high level administration official who demanded the DEGC official's resignation? Very interesting. The DEGC showed no integrity in cancelling the Tiger Stadium Conservancy proposed project. They redeemed themselves in a small way by standing up to the ex-mayor on the demolition contract.

• Bernard Kilpatrick's greed/stupidity was so overwhelming that he was still putting the squeeze on Karl Kado when it was obvious to a ten year old that the FBI was listening to everything. In September 2005, Mr. Kado learned that he was the target of an FBI investigation and informed Bernard Kilpatrick of that fact. The existence of the investigation into Detroit corruption became common public knowledge and a frequent media subject in 2006-07. In January 2008 the text messaging scandal erupted shining an enormous spotlight on the ex-mayor and all kinds of dubious conduct of his inner circle including his father. Yet in March 2008, Bernard Kilpatrick meets Mr. Kado at a restaurant and solicits more kickbacks in a conversation that the indictment makes clear was picked up on a wire.
    As far as your third paragraph is concerned. Both KK and his father are BOTH as dumb as a box of rocks. This kind of blatant corruption smacks of unbridled arrogance and some kind of sense of entitlement invulnerability. KK always came accross to me as thinking he was the smartest man in any room he walked into. always believed he could outsmart, out talk, and out think anybody that threatened him. Thats a total disconnect from reality and that has nothing to do with intelligence. This is narccisstic ignorance of the highest order. Most people of that type are gifted pathalogical liers that create worlds in their heads. This clown, KK, thought he was untouchable. His father comes acrross as a complete dotard. Nothing more than a parasite. The whole bunch are amoral. When somebody thinks they are the smartest person on earth, he is truly the most ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Cynics might point out that DEGC already had "favorites" in the demolition business but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    They wanted that thing torn down badly, why? What was the rush? I dont give them the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder how much $$ kk has stashed. I always assumed its in the hands of his friends, family, henchmen..... Though it disgusts me, the best thing is for kk to get a lot of prison time and the "holders" of the money decide to spend it

Would like to know who was the DEGC official who refused to let Mr. Ferguson in on the Tiger Stadium demolition contract? And who was the high level administration official who demanded the DEGC official's resignation? Very interesting. The DEGC showed no integrity in cancelling the Tiger Stadium Conservancy proposed project. They redeemed themselves in a small way by standing up to the ex-mayor on the demolition contract.
    I'm told by someone who used to work at the DEGC that the DEGC official to whom they're referring is George Jackson himself. The indictment states that Kwame sent Kandia Milton to demand George Jackson's resignation [[page 35).

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I'm told by someone who used to work at the DEGC that the DEGC official to whom they're referring is George Jackson himself. The indictment states that Kwame sent Kandia Milton to demand George Jackson's resignation [[page 35).
    Kwame Kenyatta confirmed this this morning on Mildred's show.

IMHO, instead of putting them in cushy fed. pens for years on end, I'd rather they be made to pay FULL restitution. KK's probably got $$s stashed all over the world but they should make him and his family pay back EVERY penny. It was mentioned somewhere that Carlita was also misusing funds on her own so let her pay, too.

On the day Kilpatrick's federal felony charge count rose to 58, here's what self-professed "leading reputation management and crisis public relations expert" Mike Paul was posting to his Twitter account...

Attachment 8088

Another musing:
    • How does perhaps the most recognizable public figure in the entire state who is ostensibly employed as a public official on a fixed salary engage in dozens of cash banking transactions totaling $600K over seven years without drawing unwanted attention to himself? Did he just walk into the bank? Anybody ever see him waltz into First Independence and have Don Davis serve as his personal teller? Did aides do the banking? Will there be any direct testimony about these transactions? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    They may, but many who fell for it aren't buying it this time. White people had NOTHING to do with how grandly the Kilpatricks screwed things up. Neither did black people or any other kind of people. Corruption knows no color.
    I await the intense carping in near-future public town-hall meetings and local urban radio about how a "strong black man" was laid low by the cabal of T.H.E.Y., Inc.

..and if I want to be infuriated from another angle, I guess I can go to the Freep.com or listen to conservative talk-radio and observe all the reactions to "here's what you get from decades of liberal PC politics and city residents whose warped morals lead them to embrace thugs and liars as leaders.."

"'How does perhaps the most recognizable public figure in the entire state who is ostensibly employed as a public official on a fixed salary engage in dozens of cash banking transactions totaling $600K over seven years without drawing unwanted attention to himself?"

I'm pretty sure that Kwame wasn't waltzing into the local bank branch and making deposits of piles of cash. There's plenty of ways to move money around these days and I'm sure Kwame and family employed all of them.

Another musing:
    • How does perhaps the most recognizable public figure in the entire state who is ostensibly employed as a public official on a fixed salary engage in dozens of cash banking transactions totaling $600K over seven years without drawing unwanted attention to himself? Did he just walk into the bank? Anybody ever see him waltz into First Independence and have Don Davis serve as his personal teller? Did aides do the banking? Will there be any direct testimony about these transactions? Just wondering.
    Is First Independence the place that also reportedly has the top bit off of every ATM installed in the city? Somehow that rumor just jumped into my memory when you said that. Of the service fee, they get a certain percentage. I wonder where all that money goes...

Another source of fractional income in perpetuity...or at least the life of that contract.

I'd like to see that independent parking meter/ticket authority get a full audit, too. I'm sure there is a kick-back mechanism in that, too. Probably the cash guys at the surface lots, too.

It's all one nested racket inside and adjacent to others...with the proceeds fueling those at the top. Big-headed boys probably have their college funds secure...be curious if there aren't some trusts made for their futures.

I don't think they were dumb with the funds. They had the best advisors money could buy...and later the best representation, too. Funny how some of them are willing to chime in to the media at opportune times, as if they are advising the court-appointed attorneys. One admitted to having direct dialogue with the current guy, I'd have to look it up, but it was a Freep story.

There also was likely a reason why he wanted to be in Dallas, beyond the obvious protection from probation/restitution payments out of his regular salary or whatever it was he was sheltered from down there.

I'd bet big dollars that they had off-shore accounts...in places like the Cayman Islands or Jamaica. Anything well within a short flight from Dallas. The range of a King Air 350 or a Lear is roughly 1900 miles...they could get to South America from Dallas.

But I'm just making this all up. Imagining where those funds might be hidden.

Default Criminal of the decade award

"I'd bet big dollars that they had off-shore accounts...in places like the Cayman Islands or Jamaica. "

Doesn't really matter how much money this imbecile has or had stashed away because he pissed it away so quickly on clothes, jewelry, the fast life there is probably nothing left. This idiot of immense arrogance and narcissistic personality disorder will be the subject of many a Master's Thesis for years to come in law school and public administration. I just hope all those loyal supporters finally figure out that he wasn't just getting one over on the man, he was the man and the only one he got over on was the good people of Detroit. I am surprised the Mrs. was not named in the indictment...might be that she turned state’s evidence to stay out of the jump suit. It’s a good day for Detroit and maybe in 5 or 8 years this whole thing will be over.

Buy American Guest

Thug KK and his entourage will more than likely all ask for and get a court-appointed attorney. Just another rape of the City of Detroit taxpayers.
    Last edited by Buy American; December-16-10 at 07:42 PM.

EC... Thank you, thank you for putting that so well. We're the ones who've been pissed on, fo' sho'! Often by those who 'claim' to be so down for the people. Yeah right!!!!!!!------
    Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    ....I just hope all those loyal supporters finally figure out that he wasn't just getting one over on the man, he was the man and the only one he got over on was the good people of Detroit.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-17-10 at 06:41 AM.

Your welcome Zac, I only wish the best for Detroit because they deserve better..

Christine Beatty dropped a dime, I'd bet a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I await the intense carping in near-future public town-hall meetings and local urban radio about how a "strong black man" was laid low by the cabal of T.H.E.Y., Inc.

..and if I want to be infuriated from another angle, I guess I can go to the Freep.com or listen to conservative talk-radio and observe all the reactions to "here's what you get from decades of liberal PC politics and city residents whose warped morals lead them to embrace thugs and liars as leaders.."
    Maaaaan, we need to declare a ceasefire. I wish I could kick the ringleaders on both sides of this regional mess. No one but ordinary people have suffered, and it's led to the near ruin of our state. A revitalized, INTEGRATED Detroit is good for Michigan.

Anyone want to bet that Kwame is totally shaking in his boots now....He will be gone for about 20 years if these charges stick!!!! He is too much of a p*ssy to do hard time

The way this is going it could have a longer run then Gunsmoke and the Simpsons.

LOL! I think KK wants to play it like 'Carlito's Way'. Who's gonna play Billy Blanco from the Bronx? Moreover who's playing Klinefeld? Seemed like Karmonos was a shoe in for that initially!!

In any event this movie needs to get to the credits and finally go back into the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    The way this is going it could have a longer run then Gunsmoke and the Simpsons.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-17-10 at 07:17 AM.

I'm not a republican [[I'ma' registered dem tending towards independent voter), but it's hard to really argue that the politics of Detroit and Michigan in general have not endorsed certain outcomes in the social political fabric [[blunt, bold corruption), and labor [[union busting galore - especially ironic as the unions were heavily solicited by the dems/ left locally, etc.)... job outsourcing [[the dems and repubs have had a hearty hand in this - local and federally).

Perhaps KK and his feasting cabal's activities were so inspired by the influence of Beck, Limbaugh or maybe even John Engler? Doubtful. The KK syndicate operated from a social political environment that they knew allowed a certain justification. Add to that extreme greed, and a broad lack of discretion and we have what happened: deep running corruption gone wild! All the while promising to be down for the 'peeps' as it were.

And the peeps [[Detroit and the region) were salved and sated for sometime -- after all it was not the repubs doing it. So it got a pass for a long, long time!!!

When we clear our view of the fake dems vs. repubs 'rubric', we have before us the precise out-workings of the supreme politic: Self interest' disguised as benevolent, alternative behaviors/ policy. Well we can at least take some cheer [[sic) that we've not be done in by the usual suspects [[repubs/ right wing). We need a whole new politic and social standard [[beyond partisan politic loyalty) that demands more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...and if I want to be infuriated from another angle, I guess I can go to the Freep.com or listen to conservative talk-radio and observe all the reactions to "here's what you get from decades of liberal PC politics and city residents whose warped morals lead them to embrace thugs and liars as leaders.."
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-17-10 at 07:24 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast