• No

28 66.67%
  • I don't know

1 2.38%
  • It makes no difference one way or the other

4 9.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    I think he was one, but later converted to the "christian" faith of Rev. Wrong. But according to some Muslims, once a Muslim, always a Muslim and if you choose not to be one, killing that person is the punishment. But he could also still be Muslim, because lying and deceiving the infidels is ok as long the the cause of Islam is being helped, thus his coldness towards Israel. I don't think he is religous one way or another.
    According to some Christians, you should play with snakes, flop around on the ground and mumble a bunch of bullshit. Is that what you do?

gdogslim Guest

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1701/pol...ders-religious
    He said he is a christian, most take him at his word. Personally i just want a president to look out for the US's best interest.
    Reasons why some are skeptical:
    Bur according to Islamic law, if your father was a muslim, YOU are a muslim.
    According to Sharia law, if you convert from Islam to Christianity it is punishable by death.
    Just like in judaism, if your mother was jewish, YOU are jewish.
    Arabs around the world see Obama as a muslim, because his fathers family were all muslim.
    Obama went to a Muslim school for two years in Indonesia when his mom remarried
    Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.” kind of strange.
    He backs up the mosque site and the Hamas connected Iman, but wont say peep on letting a Greek church to be rebuilt.
    President Obama had asked him [[NASA Administrator Charles Bolden) to "find ways to reach out to dominantly Muslim countries,"
    Obama bowing to the Saudi King, showing his subservience, and not the the British Queen.
    His outreach toward Muslims should be commended, but it seems a little one sided.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY
    Obama said that the US is not a christian nation
    So I think that is why more and more people think he is a muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Obama said that the US is not a christian nation
    Where? And technically, he is right, we are a nation of many faiths and religions. He is absolutely correct in saying we are not a christian nation

gdogslim Guest

it was founded on judea christian values, BUT many of the signors of the constitution and original leaders were Deists. Also from a supreme court case [[ in Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 143 U.S. 437 [[1892), they held that “this is a Christian nation.” ),
    the swearing in using a bible etc etc.
    But technically, according to the Quran, Obama is a Muslim by default that his father was.

But if he says he is christian and practices it, its good enough for me.

President Barack Obama stated at a press conference in Turkey that we Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Muslim nation, but rather, a nation of citizens who are, uh, bound by a set of values.”
    - So all American are bound by WHAT values I wonder...hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    President Barack Obama stated at a press conference in Turkey that we Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Muslim nation, but rather, a nation of citizens who are, uh, bound by a set of values.”
    - So all American are bound by WHAT values I wonder...hmmmmm
    The full quote changes the tone and context of what you said considerably...

This whole topic is getting really tiresome. If you are stupid enough to think that Obama is a Muslim, or who who was not born in the United States, you are truly not fit to vote, and should stay away from the voting booth. Incredibly, deeply, profoundly, cant-teach-them-a-thing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    This whole topic is getting really tiresome. If you are stupid enough to think that Obama is a Muslim, or who who was not born in the United States, you are truly not fit to vote, and should stay away from the voting booth. Incredibly, deeply, profoundly, cant-teach-them-a-thing stupid.
    I tend to agree, but how do you eliminate the 30 percent of those currently registered to vote who believe this crap?

We can't. It's so depressing. We can't give spot civics tests at the polls, we can't give citizenship tests to citizens. We can't walk into every house in the United States, turn of the televisions and radios and hand people newspapers. Half of them spread lies anyway. People want to believe this shit and we can't stop them, not with threats, not with the truth. They revel, they frolic in their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Who gives a shit about his religious beliefs?
    Nobody, absolutely nobody at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    We can't. It's so depressing. We can't give spot civics tests at the polls, we can't give citizenship tests to citizens. We can't walk into every house in the United States, turn of the televisions and radios and hand people newspapers. Half of them spread lies anyway. People want to believe this shit and we can't stop them, not with threats, not with the truth. They revel, they frolic in their stupidity.
    On the surface this discussion does seem so dumb, we need to remember however that this is classic mis-direction from the right-wing. You continue to throw social wedge issues out there and see which one gives you traction. I mean it was either this or Obama is a radical black christian nationalist who is a follower of Rev Wright. When this dies down the birther situation will come up again.

I will just keep talking and hopefully that light will come on for these people at some point and maybe some folks will realize they are being taken for fools and need to think for themselves.

I can't believe that 6 of you actually voted yes [["cuz he's really a fuhriner").... or maybe our resident Zionist "littlebuddy" voted 5 times more than he should have!

not sure if these "facts" are true or not.. i did look up some and found them reasonably true or found instances in pure muslim countries that support this

1. obama's father was muslim, in the muslim faith the child always takes the religion of the father, therefore, according to the muslim faith, he was born a muslim

2. obama claims to be a christian, ok, i'll give him that.... if so, he then has rejected the muslim religion he was born into [[according to the muslim religion)

3. the penalties in the muslim world and according to the koran for converting to another religion from muslim, and thus rejecting the muslim religion are severe... including and most likely death

4. wonder how radical muslims feel about his conversion and/or rejection of their faith?

See? Not intelligent, playing with 50 cards, sandwiches short of a picnic, short of a 6 pack. Sheeplike, stupid.

Obama's father was a muslim
    This is the lie that the teabaggers/flat earthers/know-nothings/sick cultists/morans use to justify their other lie.

Obama's Father was an Atheist and a drunk.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Then there's the whole "Madrassa in Indonesia lie, but anyone with a slight sense of history knows that there were no Madrassas in Suharto's Indonesia and that Suharto, a brutal dictator who killed tens of thousands of people was staunchly supported by US Presidents going back to Lyndon Johnson.

[[Now, to use a conservocrite trick):

Where are the moderate leaders of the conservative community, and why are they not denouncing this endless stream of lies?
    Last edited by barnesfoto; August-26-10 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    This is the lie that the teabaggers/flat earthers/know-nothings/sick cultists/morans use to justify their other lie.

Obama's Father was an Atheist and a drunk.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Then there's the whole "Madrassa in Indonesia lie, but anyone with a slight sense of history knows that there were no Madrassas in Suharto's Indonesia and that Suharto, a brutal dictator who killed tens of thousands of people was staunchly supported by US Presidents going back to Lyndon Johnson.

[[Now, to use a conservocrite trick):

Where are the moderate leaders of the conservative community, and why are they not denouncing this endless stream of lies?

i see you have also used a liberal trick.... change the facts...

snopes indeed does say his father was a muslim...

snopes says he was not a "radical" muslim

and the source for the claim that he was later "atheist or agnostic" was from barack himself......

fact: father WAS a muslim

fact: once a muslim, convert and face death

regardless, i personally don't care and am actually more offended by his affiliation with rev. wright... [[and subsequent denial of any real connection to him)

what character from the bible also denounced his affiliation with certain religions for a price???

I'm loving this.

The right wing drove the whole country into the ditch and their only plan is to cuss out the tow truck driver. Wonderful.

Keep aiming at that bullseye labeled "failure." You're bound to hit your mark sooner or later!

DC48080 Guest

Blame Bush...... Blame Bush..... Blame Bush.... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush..... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush..... Blame Bush..... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush...... Blame Bush.

If you repeat, or keep hearing the same thing from your idol long enough, you will believe it is true. Bush may not have been the greatest President ever but his shortcomings are no excuse for Barack Husein Obama's shortcomings.

Obama is President now. When are his doting followers going to start to judge him on his own merits, or lack thereof. Bush is not President any longer.
    Last edited by DC48080; August-27-10 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Typographical error

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm loving this.

The right wing drove the whole country into the ditch and their only plan is to cuss out the tow truck driver. Wonderful.

Keep aiming at that bullseye labeled "failure." You're bound to hit your mark sooner or later!

yes, preach on

the democrat control congress during 75% of Bush's 8 years had NOTHING do with anything

NOTHING

if your contention that the right wing drove the car into the ditch then you must agree that the current left wing administration has thrown a match onto the leaking gas without regards to the occupants of the vehicle......

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    yes, preach on

the democrat control congress during 75% of Bush's 8 years had NOTHING do with anything

NOTHING

if your contention that the right wing drove the car into the ditch then you must agree that the current left wing administration has thrown a match onto the leaking gas without regards to the occupants of the vehicle......
    Aim just a tad to the right and you might get lucky!

regardless, i personally don't care and am actually more offended by his affiliation with rev. wright... [[and subsequent denial of any real connection
    Why are you offended ?

Have you ever heard Rev Wright preach other than in sound bites taken out of context ?

Rev Wright comes to Detroit numerous times to guest preach in some of the largest churches in the city.

I have heard him preach numerous times...complete sermons.

Just another example of fear mongering like they did with Shirley Sherrod

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Why are you offended ?

Have you ever heard Rev Wright preach other than in sound bites taken out of context ?

Rev Wright comes to Detroit numerous times to guest preach in some of the largest churches in the city.

I have heard him preach numerous times...complete sermons.

Just another example of fear mongering like they did with Shirley Sherrod
    GOD DAMN AMERICA

taken out of context

just like Dr. Lauras use of the N-word was taken out of context....

fear mongering?? if that was true then why did Obama himself distance himself from this person??

once a muslim, convert and face death
    Really? How is it possible Barack Obama's Father could have left islam, AND consumed alcohol regularly and not been killed by angry muslim mobs?

GOD DAMN AMERICA

taken out of context

just like Dr. Lauras use of the N-word was taken out of context....

fear mongering?? if that was true then why did Obama himself distance himself from this person??
    I figured you would take that quote from the many hundreds of sermons he has preached. You might be uncomfortable with the phrasing but here is some context to that quote

"Where Governments lie, God does not lie. Where Governments change, God does not change. And I’m through now. But let me leave you with one more thing.

Governments fail. The government in this text comprised of Caesar, Cornelius, Pontus Pilot – Pontius Pilate – the Roman government failed. The British government used to rule from east to west. The British government had a Union Jack. She colonised Kenya, Guana, Nigeria, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Hong Kong. Her navies ruled the seven seas all the way down to the tip of Argentina in the Falklands, but the British failed. The Russian government failed. The Japanese government failed. The German government failed. And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian decent fairly, she failed. She put them on reservations. When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese decent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African decent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains. The government put them in slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into position of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing “God Bless America.” No, no, no. Not “God Bless America”; God Damn America! That’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating her citizen as less than human. God Damn America as long as she keeps trying to act like she is God and she is supreme! "

My life experience tells me that he's not telling a lie, but an uncomfortable truth.
    Could he had been more PC with it ? Maybe, but he's a preacher, we don't want our preachers always being PC

Here's the entire sermon if you want to get around sound bites

http://www.sluggy.net/forum/viewtopi...bd6850e52f50b7

As far as Dr. Laura, she can say whatever the hell she wants, just don't go crying to me about her first amendment rights when the advertisors pull their ads because of the use of the N-word.

Obama had to distance himself from Rev Wright due to one word "politics"

Obama is not a muslim he is an opportunist - he can be whatever the moment he believes will give him the most sway. Obama also is neither a black nor white he is, as Hawaiians call it, a Haffa. He was raised in Hawaii - the most diverse society in the USA, by white middle class Kansans, born to a white mother and a African father who divorced his wife after two years. Obama's father's African linage had little or no bearing on his upbringing or fashioning his persona today. Obama's whole life has been a sham that's been furthered by whatever he believes is best for him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thSFGP View Post
    Obama is not a muslim he is an opportunist - he can be whatever the moment he believes will give him the most sway. Obama also is neither a black nor white he is, as Hawaiians call it, a Haffa. He was raised in Hawaii - the most diverse society in the USA, by white middle class Kansans, born to a white mother and a African father who divorced his wife after two years. Obama's father's African linage had little or no bearing on his upbringing or fashioning his persona today. Obama's whole life has been a sham that's been furthered by whatever he believes is best for him at the time.
    You are correct, but wow ! what a cynical way of looking at it.
    Don't we all make decisions based on what is best for us why do you make it to be a negative. I guess my question is what makes his life such a sham ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast