Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    and I was banned from the website! Must have struck a nerve
    ?! Hahahahaahahahahaha. Oh, that's priceless. Did the "Crackahs" ban you or get you banned? Not sure who runs that stupid Web site. I wish I could find a building owner who would prosecute these stupid schittheads.

this thread is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    . I wish I could find a building owner who would prosecute these stupid schittheads.
    They could probably only prosecute on vandalism charges. The trespassing, not so much.

I drove by around lunchtime today and saw a truck there fueling up the generator in the alley behind. The building looked secure from my view, but things are starting to look worse..... overall very dirty and trash collecting in the recessed entries.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    ?! Hahahahaahahahahaha. Oh, that's priceless. Did the "Crackahs" ban you or get you banned? Not sure who runs that stupid Web site. I wish I could find a building owner who would prosecute these stupid schittheads.
    I know who runs it. And I don't understand why you're so angry and hateful. If you don't like the site, go to another website, move on. It's like bitching about a program on TV you don't like... turn the channel moron.

And I got a challenge for you, find a building owner who will give enough of a shit to waste their time prosecuting someone over a misdemeanor trespassing charge.

Quote Originally Posted by cb79 View Post
    I know who runs it. And I don't understand why you're so angry and hateful. If you don't like the site, go to another website, move on. It's like bitching about a program on TV you don't like... turn the channel moron.

And I got a challenge for you, find a building owner who will give enough of a shit to waste their time prosecuting someone over a misdemeanor trespassing charge.
    No, but vandalism and destruction of property are no laughing matter. And what do you know, they videotaped the actions, so they can't try to defend their actions. You drive in from Northville lately to bust up a few windows? Maybe throw a chair or filing cabinet down an elevator shaft??? Funny, I forgot to note down in my give a shit log when you thought malicious destruction of others belongings became something you could do for amusement, I hope that nothing like this ever befalls a home, or a vehicle you own. Probably wouldn't seem nearly as funny, unless of course, the perpetrator video-taped it and put it on lookidostupidshittopeoplesproperty.com

"I know who runs it. And I don't understand why you're so angry and hateful. If you don't like the site, go to another website, move on."

Typical idiot comment from those who think Detroit's their playground to abuse and trash for their own amusement. It's attitudes like this that have led Detroit to where it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "I know who runs it. And I don't understand why you're so angry and hateful. If you don't like the site, go to another website, move on."

Typical idiot comment from those who think Detroit's their playground to abuse and trash for their own amusement. It's attitudes like this that have led Detroit to where it is today.
    Really? Not that it has anything to do with the fact that the building was abandoned 50 years ago and has had 50 years of frosting and thawing, rain/ice damage and let's not forget the cutting of load bearing i-beams by scrappers. No, it's the survival crackas, they kicked over an old filing cabinet or something which is destroying the Packard plant. Who's the idiot? I've stated a valid point concerning what destroys a building. Do you know what just one Michigan winter does to a building? Most building damage is a result of weathering, the second most common effort is done by scrappers ripping apart walls and load bearing steel. Not saying that it's ok however; throwing a filing cabinet down an elevator shaft? = 0 building damage. Think about it. Seems like a lot of wasted effort getting bent out of shape over the 0.01% slice in the pie chart.

Seems like a lot of wasted effort defending these losers, trespassing and your right to destroy filing cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by cb79 View Post
    Not saying that it's ok however; throwing a filing cabinet down an elevator shaft? = 0 building damage. Think about it. Seems like a lot of wasted effort getting bent out of shape over the 0.01% slice in the pie chart.
    Oh...well if everyone is doing it then thats ok, I'm sure your mother appreciates that type of logic. .01%??? Yeah, if it's one person, but when groups of 18-19 year old "urban explorers" come down every weekend with their kodak handi-cams and their artsy black and white film and continue this shit every weekend, surely it will have an effect. But like I said, since everyone else is doing it, that makes it ok...I guess if enough people start stealing cars and breaking into people's homes I soon enough will be able to use that as a legitimate defense in a court of law. Christ, where did your sense of entitlement come from?

"Everybody else is doing it"/ "it's nothing compared to..." is one of the biggest problems in Detroit today. That's the same attitude that criminals all over the city have, and it's the reason they're not caught often enough. The idea that any crime you commit doesn't count because it's a blip on the radar screen is stupid. Neglect of buildings in the city is a big issue, and a lot of the most visible ones downtown show signs of intentional vandalism. And by vandalism I don't mean graffiti, I mean smashing windows and generally doing the kind of stuff seen on those videos.

And the more it happens, the more kids will think it's OK. And when people ask them why it's OK, they'll point out how shitty the city looks [[due to the previous people like them). It's a vicious cycle. Take pride in your city, don't slowly accelerate the disorder.

Lorax Guest

I was walking around the Book Building/Tower this week and noticed the guard, and how it looked generally secured, however, I later noticed how some of the windows around the 10th floor or thereabouts had spray painted graffiti on the inside of the glass, similar to what you see in the Whitney Building.

Also, some of the second floor large windows of the Book Building side were open. The magnificent cherub clock hanging from the lobby ceiling looked to still be there, however it may not survive, since it's rather valuable.

There is also, unknown to most people, a glass dome under the lobby ceiling of the Book Building, which I would assume is still there, as it was years ago when I had the privilege of seeing it when some work was being done which required the removal of some of the 50's drop ceilings.