Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
A friend of mine has a son who was in the police academy. One of their guest speakers was the police chief of Southfield. He told them that he was invited to that party at the Manoogian. He cautioned them, saying that there are certain situations you just know to stay away from, and that was one of those situations. He did not attend. The police chief is a very articulate, professional black man, so no one can say it is a racial thing. I can't imagine what reason he would have for lying about being invited. I know, that is no proof that the party took place......I'm just sayin................
Why would someone in a position as respected at the chief of police, put himself in the position to be associated with an event that has the ability to permanently stain his reputation?

Years after major events occur people like to remember where they were or even say "I was there." I'm sure there are a hundred thousand people will tell you they were inside Comerica Park when Magglio hit the home run that sent the Tigers to the world series in 2006. I'm sure there are a hundred people who claim they were at the party or know someone who was, or who was invited.

Legends take on legs of their own, and people who want to be a part of history.