Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
I have a better question, how come people always fault the media for being biased when they don't like the outcome of a story but when they don't disagree with the outcome they automatically assume said biased source is being truthful.
Here's a simple example. Imagine the Detroit Free Press says that Granholm has done the best job a governor could do under the circumstances she had to deal with in the last 8 years. People would immediately cry that the Free Press has a liberal bias and is just lying to make a Democrat look good. Let's say the very next day the Free Press prints a story that says that since Obama has been president the standard of living for the average American has dropped by 10%. All of a sudden those same people that claimed that the Free Press was just liberally biased and you can't trust anything they print start hooping and hollaring about proof that Obama is a failure. Where's the scrutiny for the so called biased media at then?
Now I don't mean to hijack the thread and get off topic but it's just funny to me that anytime a person disagrees with what said media says that it is because the media is biased. However, if they agree with the media then the media magically is being truthful.
Funny, isn't it?
Most people with a strong opinion will believe whatever fits their opinion, and dismiss everything else.
I'm reminded of a funny thing James Carville said about right-wing opinion shows, though I don't remember his exact words: "The people who watch those shows use them for the same reason a drunk uses a lamppost - for support, not for enlightenment."