Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Computer says nooooo....

I just did 2 searches... I'm sure there are many more topics on child health that predominantly opposed by "people on the right"....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gop-s...b07bd6950cd49d

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...erage-00132282

I can provide other programs that show that once children are born... there is a big falloff in interest in child health care in conservative states that are pro-life.

Why is that?
    The eleven states with the lowest abortion rates all voted red. At least more kids got off to a start in those states. I'm not convinced that the benefits of states signing up for yet another federal program does enough good to make up for billing our children, the same children who survived the Democrats' abortion chambers, with federal debt to pay down. They have to pay for it themselves eventually along with everyone else. Putting people into debt is a funny way to help people escape poverty. Besides, the article didn't say what part of the Constitution delegated the power to create this bill. If the states paid for it themselves, it at least would be constitutional.

I consider Michigan to be a purple state leaning blue. "A national study of child welfare shows that in most categories, Michigan ranks in the bottom half of the nation with regard to issues like child poverty, education and community well-being.Michigan ranks 30th in the nation in child “economic well-being,” 37th in education and 29th in the “family and community domain,” which refers to “children living in high-poverty neighborhoods." As I understand it, Michigan has liberal abortion laws. Michigan even has this program mentioned in your article. Yet Michigan is not doing so good per child welfare. What could be the excuse? If I were you, I would point out that this was in 2019 and things have changed since then if true. Also, if 'child welfare' includes education and so many of Michigan's children are enrolled in Detroit schools, it is difficult to argue that Detroit children are benefitting from the education brought to them by elected Democrats.

Last edited by oladub; March-21-24 at 09:43 AM.