Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Bulk Pork Sausage Seasoning Anywhere in Town?

I have a friend whose father used to own a small market in Detroit many, many years ago. They sold bulk pork sausage seasoning for breakfast sausage in 1 lb bags. She’s been looking for similar seasoning, but has been unable to locate it either in her area [[Soo, Ontario) or online.

Does anyone know of any meat/spice/other shops in Metro Detroit that carry such seasoning?

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to add they originally bought the seasoning from a place called "Detroit Butcher Supply," which she thought was located in the Warren/Greenfield area. I don't think the company exists anymore.
    Last edited by Awfavre; June-07-10 at 10:43 AM.

Try Penzey's Spices on the nowtheast corner of 13 Mile Road and Southfield road in Beverly hills. It's a national chain; they may well also have a Web site.

Is this the sort of thing she wants?

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...breakfast.html

Thanks, Vic. I checked their spring catalog, but they didn't have anything in there. I'll give them a call to see if they have anything by special order, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    Is this the sort of thing she wants?

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...breakfast.html
    That may be just the thing. I checked their print catalog [[I have a copy), but didn't check online. I'll send this link to her.

Thanks again, Vic! =)

Butcher Packer Supply on Gratiot, across from Gratiot Central Market

Check with one of the local sausage makers. They might be willing to order an extra pound for you when they place an order for their own.

Thanks, everyone. She ended up placing the order from Penzeys, said it was exactly what she wanted. Again, many thanks to all for your help.