Haven't posted for a while, but got the bug to post a few random thoughts for y'all to digest today.

1. Moved from 48 years in Detroit [[save a couple of war time years in Dearborn) to southern Nevada in 1984.

2. Barely a day has passed when I've not thought about the metro Detroit area since that time.

3. Yes, have returned to Michigan nearly every year since. Always look forward to vacations in Michigan, but usually don't venture into the City limits. Shame on me.

4. Computer takes me to DetroitYes daily and I rarely miss a post. Don't respond all that often, but then I guess I'm really an outlander now.

5. Being a retired Detroit PD, I keep up with the DPD retiree's news, and try to stay with the general news from the area as well.

6. I have warm memories of Jerry Cavanagh, Roman Gribbs, and John Nichols.

7. The Tigers, Lions, and Wings will be "my teams" to the day I die. Never cared a whit for basketball, but may the Pistons fare well in the future.

8. I sure hope they do something nice with the boarded up Monnier School. Great memories at that building with the yellow brick. Alas, Mackenzie as I knew it is history.

9. Wonder whatever happened to a few dozen young ladies I had crushes on back in 1950?

10. I'm forever grateful for DetroitYes for helping me to restore so many of these thoughts. Thank you!