Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    You have to wonder where Monica Conyers got the idea that public office is a license for corruption. She seemed to engage in it so enthusiastically and without regard to the consequences until the sobering moment of standing before a Federal judge to plead guilty. I'm grateful for the trial of Sam Riddle in bringing out the more flagrant episodes of their corrupt behavior. I certainly expect Sam Riddle to testify in his defense since he's talked so much of speaking truth to power. I'd like to hear from him what truth he can reveal that challenges the powers-that-be in this town.
    Honey, she grew up in Detroit. From what we've seen these past years, she's had quite a few role models...

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Honey, she grew up in Detroit. From what we've seen these past years, she's had quite a few role models...
    When you are hired to be the fake wife of a closeted gay congressman, I think ethics are not really your strong suit to begin with.

....just throw 'alleged' in there where ever appropriate. I would hate to be accused of defamation.

We all know that Conyers is scum and nothing in the article surprises me but this piece doesn't sit well with me:

Earlier this morning, Greektown businessman Jim Papas testified Conyers frequently refused to pay her bills when she dined at two Greektown restaurants, costing the owners several thousand dollars during her time in office.
    Papas, owner of Pegasus and landlord of Mosaic, which is owned by his daughter, testified Conyers was a regular customer but typically would not pay her tab when asked.
    "A lot of times she would refuse and get up and leave," Papas testified at the corruption trial of Riddle, Conyers' former chief of staff. A manager would either have to make the meal complimentary or "the server would have to pay for it," said Papas
    So Pappas knew she had a tendency of not paying, still allowed her to eat at his places [[knowing there may be some political ramifications if he didn't) and he still make his servers eat the cost of the meal she walked out on. That is comlpete bs - the staff loses money because he is afraid to tell her to stay out of his places.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    A manager would either have to make the meal complimentary or "the server would have to pay for it," said Papas, who estimated the free meals totaled $2,000 to $3,000.

So Pappas knew she had a tendency of not paying, still allowed her to eat at his places [[knowing there may be some political ramifications if he didn't) and he still make his servers eat the cost of the meal she walked out on. That is comlpete bs - the staff loses money because he is afraid to tell her to stay out of his places.

Sounds like one corrupt, and cheap, bastard calling out another one. What a cesspool of assholery. How'd you like to be the poor waiter/waitress when Monica came in and sat in your section, knowing what was likely to happen next?